Chapter Eighteen : Temptation

T E M P T A T I O N

Isabelle

I cocoon myself in the warmth of my duvet, protecting myself from the morning. I nestle my tired body into the soft, heavenly mattress. Yesterday, was such a good day, apart from Violet getting broken up with obviously. It breaks my heart to see her so upset and I feel stuck in the middle.

I want to be there for both of them, but I do think Eva's jumped the gun a little early by ending things. Other than that, Violet seemed to enjoy the cliffs. I'm shocked at myself that I conquered a fear that I didn't even realize I had until I was faced with it.

With a lion's yawn, I stretch my arms out, rolling over into the stone cold, empty space in bed next to me. Last night, I waited for Thomas to come and join me after we cleared up. He never came. I won't lie – I'm kind of bummed that he didn't. It was so nice waking up to him yesterday, I thought he would've wanted to share a bed again.

Defeated, I swing my bare legs out of the covers and run a hand through the mess of my short, dark hair. I force myself to stand, making my way to my mirror to assess what I'm working with today. It's not bad, considering how drained I feel.

Leaving my room, I stop outside Thomas' door. I wait to see if I hear any movement but it seems like he is still asleep. A thought dances across my mind so I slowly creak the door open, peaking my head in.

I've never seen his bedroom. It's roughly the same size as mine. He has dark wooden flooring with a black framed bed that's sat over a grey rug to match the grey duvet covers. There's a monotone abstract painting above his bed and he's left the door to his bathroom wide open.

It's a lot tidier than I expected, the exception being some clothes that are left on the floor. All of his things are neatly lined up on his bedside table, his phone, a lamp, keys and his wallet. I tilt my head at him.

He's still fast asleep, his mouth slanted open, his dark hair a mess. I smile at how dopey he looks. The covers are wrinkled up, pushed halfway down his muscled, tanned body.

As my toes reach the fur of the rug, I gently crawl onto the bed, up and on top of his body. He wakes with a groan of slight discomfort as I get on but still he wraps his warm arms around me. I rest my head on the boiling hot skin of his chest.

"Morning." He croaks, sniffing while he twists his head to prop it on top of mine.

"Good morning." I smile, wriggling into his rich scent.

"Is?" He whispers and I keep my eyes closed.

"Mmhm?"

"I'm naked." He returns.

"Okay?" I tilt my head up at look at him. "You're not getting shy on me now are you?"

"No, you've just got to be careful... on how you move." He lets out another small groan as he tries to adjust me on top of him.

To save him the hassle, I roll off of him, falling above his soft covers. His face scrunches up as he blinks a few times to wake himself. I scratch at the material of his pillow in small circles.

"You didn't sleep in my room last night." I state with a sigh.

"You are correct. I didn't."

"Why not?" I question, timidly.

"Sam said you were finding it hard... controlling yourself." He starts to explain.

"Does Sam report everything I say back to you?" My voice flutters with a hint of annoyance.