Exposed!

Hermione Pov

"Hey! What I did does not equal to maiming!" Blaise exclaims.

"Shut up!" Ginny yells as I stand up with my hands out. 

"Please calm down Ginny," I say gently. "No one needs to be hexed... or maimed and buried alive."

She holds out her wand aiming it back and forth between me and Draco, "Then explain why the two of you are breaking each other personal space barriers."

Draco snorts "That's why you're freaking out?" He flashes his ring then nods at me. I sigh then reach over to my chain and pull it out of my shirt holding up my ring. 

"Surprise," I say sheepishly.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" 

Draco stands up as Blaise laughs hysterically and then puts his arm over my shoulder, still flashing his ring. "Ginny Weasley," he says in an introductory tone. "Meet Hermione Jean Malfoy. Loving wife of Draco Lucius Malfoy."

Her jaw drops as she stares at the two rings in shock, "Close your mouth Weasley," Blaise calls. "You'll swallow a fly!"

"Shut it!" she yells. "When did this happen?" she asks me.

"July 10th, 1998," Draco recalls. "So three months and 9 days ago."

I see Ginny doing mental calculations, "That was in the Summer!"

"Yes, Weasley," Draco nods in a bored tone but even without the ring, I can tell he's amused.

"Then why didn't I know about it?" she yells. "And why did freaking Zabini know before me?"

"Because the Malfoys trust me more," Blaise suggests.

"Get off your high horse, Zabini," I chuckle. "You saw the ring and forced Draco to tell you the truth." Ginny smiles with amusement then turns back to Draco and me.

"But how did this happen?"

"Well, it started before you came to Hogwarts," I begin.

"Mya and I have been friends since first year," Draco continues. "Before you and Potter."

"But..."

"Star class acting," he interrupts.

"And some lack of control," Luna chirps.

"Come sit down Ginny," I say, leading her to the sofa. "Blaise go make her some tea."

"Why me?" he exclaims.

"Because she wants to maim you," Luna giggles. "I'll come to help you." To Ginny's shock, Luna jumps onto Blaise's back and he carries her to the dorm's small kitchen.

"What was that?" she asks.

"Blaise treating Luna like a little sister," I shrug.

"Refuses to not call her 'Looney' though," Draco says shaking his head as he and I sit down where Blaise and Luna were sitting.

"So," Ginny says. "Continue."

"Well, Draco and I have been close friends for the last eight years," I explain.

"Minus Sixth year and the Dark Lord's reign," Draco adds. "Just friends at best then. Not much interaction."

"You know why Dray and I couldn't be in public," I continue. 

"Stick to normal names please," Ginny says gagging. "None of this Dray and Mya, I don't want to be sick on your floor."

"They aren't pet names, Ginny," I assure her. "Simply shortened versions, like Ginny from Ginevra and Ron from Ronald."

"'Mya' is totally a pet name," Draco chuckles then his face changes to disgust, "You guys call her 'Mione'."

"Hush Dray," I say. "Now where was I? Oh yes. Because of our blood statuses, we couldn't be seen in public and because of my friendship with Harry, Dray...co had to treat me the way you have seen for such a long time."

"I've been on my knees countless times begging for forgiveness," Draco chuckles. "It wasn't hard to get on one knee and propose without courting."

"Oh, but it was hard putting together the display of constellations in a dark room to mesmerise me and then nearly blind me with this ring," I comment recalling the 5th of July when he proposed. "You were so sure I would say yes you had the wedding already being prepared by Narcissa and Andromeda."

"You sound way too confident," Blaise says with a cup of tea in one hand and Luna's small body on the opposing shoulder.

"How are you doing that?" I ask in surprise.

"Weightless spell," Luna explains. "I promised Blaise I'd let him test it on me."

"Ok then," Draco says, "Yes I was very confident, the only thing I was worried about was if Mya thought it was too fast or I was too controlling."

"He was both," I comment dryly. "But he pulled it off. It showed how well he knew me. He supplied all the wedding gifts -a library worth of books, Narcissa had a tailor ready who was then obliviated. Luna was the bridesmaid, Teddy was best man; sort of, Draco had a house-elf levitate him whilst he held the ring, Andromeda sat in the crowd with my mum and my dad walked me down the aisle." 

"Do you know how crazy that sounds 'Mione?" Ginny says after taking a sip of her tea, still in shock.

"I'm sorry, none of you were invited," I say. "It happened so fast I couldn't just drop this all on you. Fred had barely just come out of his coma at the time and Harry was so busy working to rebuild Hogwarts, Draco only just got off his trial; Harry and I may have vouched for him and his mother but Harry still harbours resentment."

"Then why did you do it?" she asks quietly. "Why did you marry someone your best friends hate?"

I sense Draco's curiosity as well so I sigh, "Draco was my friend before Harry was, Draco didn't need me for my mind, he in his own words 'adores it'." I hear Blaise quietly laugh then yelp as Luna hits him and Draco hexes him. "Draco challenges me and I challenge him. We know each other like the back of our hands and we know what we dislike about each other," I explain. "I'm called the brightest witch of my age, it would be daft if I turned him down to make someone else happy and Harry just has to accept it now."

"Thank you, Weasley," Draco says randomly.

"What did I do?" she asks confused.

"You reminded me how perfect and helpful my wife and current family are."

"That's so sweet," Blaise says. "You are so whipped!"

"I could have told you that," I laugh. "So what are you going to do Gin?"

"I'll stay quiet," she sighs. "For now, and for the record: I'm not okay with this but I'm glad you're happy 'Mione."

I sense relief from Draco, "That's one Weasley down, 8 more plus a Potter and the entire Wizarding World."

"And the best part is," I add with a twisted smile. "If Skeeter writes about this, I get to ruin her career."

"Oh do tell what dirt you have on her," Draco says excitedly. 

"Another time Dray," I say as Luna and Blaise sit down next to Ginny, now in opposite places than they were in before Ginny arrived. "We have guests."