The Earrings

After class, I see Draco lurking around the corner. I go back into the classroom to talk to Professor Slughorn about my assignment and wait for everyone to leave the room.

"Miss Granger, are you using me to stall so you can go speak with your husband?" Slughorn asks quietly as everyone leaves.
My eyes widen, "Do all the Professors know?"
He nods, "Minerva told us that you may use us in different ways so it doesn't arouse suspicion and she made sure we still referred to you by your maiden name."
I lower my head embarrassed, "Draco's waiting in the corridor," I explain.
He nods again, "Go to him then."
"Thank you, Professor."

I rush off to see my ever so patient husband, "Took you long enough, I had to disillusion myself when Potter and Weasley came by."
"What did you want to say?" I ask.
"Expect an owl at lunch," he says with a smirk. "Feel free to let Weasley take the credit but don't let anyone see what it is."

"Why is that?"
"Because it is too expensive for the likes of Weasley, even if he is a War Hero."

"Har, har," I roll my eyes. "I'll look forward to it. You know you don't have to buy me things all the time?"

"Ah but then I don't get the satisfaction of watching you work hard to hide what I buy you," he smirks.

"You conniving Slytherin," I chuckle.

"Love you too, Granger," he says sticking his tongue out. Then once again he pushes me away as we hear footsteps coming towards us, "Come on, Beaver, you're making me late for yet another appointment."

"Its only lunch Ferret," I retort as a Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw pass by us. "You won't die."

"Lunch is the most important meal of the day!" Draco protests.

"No that's breakfast," Hermione and the Ravenclaw say in tandem.
"What they said," the Hufflepuff adds.
"That is why I've always said you're not a Gryffindor, Granger, you're a Ravenclaw," Draco shakes his head. "The Sorting Hat did you dirty."

"Like the Mudblood I am?" I suggest. Horror is visible in Draco's eyes, he struggles to smirk and says with a familiar apologetic look in his eyes "You said it Granger, not me."
The Hufflepuff student is about to stand up for me, but the Ravenclaw takes him away, "That's Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger, you don't want to be in the middle of one of their fights."

"Look Mya, we're famous," Draco whispers.

"No Draco," I shake my head. "We're Malfoys." He grins proudly. I roll my eyes then grab the collar of his shirt, "Come on, we're late for lunch."

I drag him through the hallways, making sure our Head student badges are visible and let go every time a student is nearby, then tell Draco to stay back five minutes before entering the Great Hall. He nods and does as I said.

"'Mione!" Ron yells. "What took you so long?"
I walk over to the Gryffindor table and sit down between Harry and Ron. "I just needed to discuss something with Slughorn and then got into a little tiff with Malfoy, you know how he is. He said 'Lunch is the most important meal of the day'."
"It is!" Ron protests. "I can't believe I just agreed with Malfoy on something!"
"That is because you're a plonker," I roll my eyes. "Dra... Malfoy was just trying to distract me from scolding him for not doing his rounds properly last night."
Suddenly I see Draco enter the hall and saunter over to the Slytherin table as an owl flies into the hall and drops a small package in front of me.

"Who's it from?" Harry asks looking at the red and gold packaging.
"Clearly a Gryffindor," Dean Thomas points out then looks at Ronald. "Didn't know you were the gift type."

If only they knew.

"Open it 'Mione," I hear Ginny say.

Suddenly I hear Draco whistle, "Beaver if your going to get fanmail at least don't brag about it to everyone else."

I turn to Draco, "I wasn't going to Ferret, and I don't plan these things."

'I do' Draco says into my mind through his twisted version of Legilimancy that can plant one's thoughts into another's head.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I say standing up. "Save some food for me."

I start heading to the girl's bathroom but then Draco sends another thought to me, 'She-Weasel is following you'. So I turn to the direction of the Head Dorms. The painting at the head dorms was of Draco's grandfather, Abraxas Malfoy. "Ah, my dear Grandson's wife. What are you doing here so early?"

"A Weasley is following me; I'd rather not let her into the dorm or know my secret, so please sir, lower your voice and ask me the password."
"Very understandable," Abraxas mutters. "Weasleys are very unrelenting creatures. What is my grandson's middle name?"
"Lucius," I say. The password is always Malfoy trivia.
I'm allowed into my dorm and the painting swiftly closes behind me. I sit down on the sofa and unwrap the package. There's a note, I almost puked over the bed as I wrapped this, so burn the remains. Love DM.

I chuckle then look at the gift. green and gold snake earrings that must have cost a small fortune. I run to the bathroom and put them in my ears and hide them behind my hair. When I came out of the bathroom. Draco is standing there.
"Do you like them?" he asks shyly.
"I adore them!" I squeal.
He comes closer and moves my hair back holding it in a ponytail and examines the earrings. "They look good on you," he comments. Then he waves his wand and taps it on my chain. Then he puts another necklace around my neck. "This one was a little over a galleon, so no one would suspect it didn't come from Weaselbee."

"You really think of everything don't you, Dray?" I ask as he lets go of my hair, and I reach for my ring chain to look down on it but only to realise he disillusioned it and the replacement necklace had a metal chain and red butterfly on it.

"I try."

A/N
The earrings are Gucci and cost like £980 whilst the necklace are from stylish-jewellery.co.uk and only cost £5.99.