Future

Draco Pov

It's Tuesday evening, two days after She-Weasel found out about us. Potter and Weasley had another duelling club today. Hermione supervised this time. But to the duo's disappointment; no one turned up. They were so annoyed they had a go at Hermione because our club took all their members. She stormed out and skipped dinner.

"Grandfather," I say. "Is Mya in?"

"Yes, she seems rather annoyed," Grandfather reports. "Have you brought her some food?"

"Yes, Luna and I collected her small amounts so no one noticed," I say lifting up my container.
"Where is Malfoy Manor based?"
"Wiltshire."

"Correct." The painting swings open, I walk into the room and see Hermione curled up on the sofa reading a book titled Desert Rose.
"Hungry Mya?" I ask handing her the container.

"Those boys are so infuriating!" she exclaims slamming her book closed. "Their egos have been blown up and now they think they're better than everyone else," she continues as she opens her tub and conjures a knife and fork then digs into the piece of steak inside.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come when you sent your Patronus," I say sitting down next to her. "I was just about to go into a meeting with the Slytherin prefects, then it was dinner time so me and Luna prepared this for you."
"It's okay," she sighs. "It's just so annoying, they're meant to be teaching not hosting talk shows."

"Pardon?"
"I'll show you later, honey," she sighs laying her head on my shoulder.
"She-Weasel made a bit of a scene during dinner, by the way," I say.

"Oh?" she utters as she puts a piece of roast potato in her mouth.

"Yep, she was yelling down the hall wanting to know where you were. Blaise nearly jumped up to restrain her from breaking Potter's glasses."

"What did they say?" she asks.
"You don't want to know," I say, recalling their idiotic response.
"Well you've brought it up now, so you have to tell me."

"I think you should finish your dinner darling, it's going to go cold," I say not wanting to anger her, and failing.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, you tell me what they said this instant, or I'll tell your mother about all the rules you've broken since we arrived here."

"She won't care," I retort. "She's a Slytherin, as long as I don't get caught, she's happy."

I watch as she puts the container down onto the armrest, I'm starting to get worried. Suddenly, she launches herself onto me and starts tickling me. "Mya!" I yelp in protest between forced laughs.
She joins in the laughter, "Tell... me what they said."

"You'll," I pant. "Get mad."

I roll over onto the floor with her still on top of me, "Mya... stop... I can't... breathe."

"Then tell me what they said."

"Alright, alright," I exclaim. She stops and I shake my now messy hair and sit up forcing her into my lap. "Look, shaking my hair is practically the same as waving a white flag."

She laughs then crosses her arms, "Tell me what they said."

"Potter said to check the library but the Weasel said that you've probably gone off to mope after they told you off."

Her eyes widen then says "Is it ok to legalise murder, just this once."
"You scare me, love," I say laughing. "You really do."

"Sorry for my strange outburst of tickling," she says sheepishly.
"It's all good fun, love," I shrug. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

She picks up her container again and starts eating on the sofa, "Go ahead."

"You know how we agreed to have kids after we go public?" I begin as I sit on the sofa as well. She nods. "Well, I know this is thinking way too far ahead but what would you name them?"

"Well it's got to be a constellation or a star?" she starts. "I don't want my kids to be scorned as half-bloods as well as breaking the other traditions of the House of Black."

She said kids, I think to myself happily. She wants more than one.
"So if it's a boy, what would you name him?"
"Not Draco II," she says sternly. "Maybe Scorpius or Regulus in honour of Sirius's brother."
"Not Sirius himself?" I ask curiously.

"Harry said something about naming his son Sirius," she recalls.

"Planning a bit far isn't he?" I chuckle. "He doesn't even have a woman yet."

"Leave him be!" she says whacking my arm.
"Well he can't have Luna," I say crossing my arms. "I refuse to accept that, and I think Blaise has his eyes on She-Weasel so she's practically taken."

"Draco!"

"Alright," I chuckle. "What would you name any girls."

"Tonks would kill me but 'Nymphadora'," she suggests. "It's not a constellation or a star though."

I shiver at the memory of my late cousin, the first time I met her, I was ten. Mother told me to be polite so when she arrived I said "Good evening cousin Nymphadora" then she snapped at me and said "DON'T CALL ME THAT! Dora is fine."
The second time I met her was outside the school gates on guard duty. I hardly even realised it was her, I was so fixated on the task and sending Potter back to London. I walked right passed her, she then grabbed me, forcing me down and ruffling my hair.  "I hardly recognised you," she exclaimed. "When did you get so big?" I remember escaping her grip and greeting her and reminding her it had been seven years since we had met.

"Maybe Phoenix or Capella," Hermione suggests. "Corina maybe?"

I nod in agreement, "Maybe if we had two boys and two girls, we could name the first boy Scorpius Regulus, the first girl Phoenix Capella, the second boy Hydrus Orion and the remaining girl Libra Nymphadora."

"That is very long and very specific."

"Well, Libra means balance," I explain. "And the second daughter will balance out the number of boys and girls."

"What if we don't have kids in that order?" she asks.

"Then we think of a different name," I shrug.

"What if I only want two kids?" she suggests.

"Psychology says only childs often feel lonely," I state. "Neither of us has siblings and we're going to be living in a huge manor, that's too much space for just two children. We'll need two more to fill it up."
"You're a bit overexcited."

I freeze. "Am I being too much?" I ask anxiously. "I know children are a lot of work, I'll make sure I care for them every minute of the day, I'll take them to work with me as well and hold classes in the library and I'll learn how to care for them when they're babies, you'll only have to do a quarter of the work, I'll be the best dad possible."

She gives me a hug, "Calm down Dray, I was just teasing, four kids sounds like a wonderful plan. I don't think we'll name any of them Libra, maybe Persephone."

"I think I've developed anxiety," I sigh leaning into the side hug.

"I blame sixth year."

"Let's blame all bad things on Sixth year," I declare. I look over at the now-empty container of food. "Let's go to bed now Mya, it's getting late. We'll continue our future talk another time."

She nods, "Catch up on sleep while we can, four kids are going to make it impossible."