Madness

Draco Pov

I catch Hermione after she passes out then I lay her down on the sofa. The second I let go something snaps inside of me and all I can see is red. I can hear Potter screaming at Weasley but I'm not processing the words.

Suddenly, I launch myself forward and tackle the Golden Duo to the ground. All I can tell is I'm punching them both out of sheer madness. Potter shoves me away, "Malfoy! Calm down."

"He hit her!" I scream. "That monster you call a friend hit her."

"Since when do you care?!" Weasley snarls.

"Since when did I care?" I ask, I'm losing myself down the rabbit hole and the question is making it worse. "I've cared since the 20th of September 1991, when a twelve year old Gryffindor accepted my apology and became my closest friend."

"What are you on about?" Weasley and Potter squeak in shock.

"I'm saying that witch Weasley just punched is my wife and if you two don't get out of this dorm right now I swear I'll kill you."

"Your what?!" the two boy exclaim.

"You heard me," I say. "Now GET OUT!"

The two scramble out of the room and I rush over to my unconscious wife, "Mya!" I exclaim, I put my hand under her head. "Mya wake up!"

She doesn't react, I put my head to her chest, her heart is slightly slower than normal, "Wake up." I try shaking her but she still doesn't wake up. "Mya, please, I need you."

The silence is unbearable.

"GRANDFATHER!" I scream. "GRANDFATHER!"

"I'm here my boy," Grandfather says as he appears in the painting. "The headmistress and the Healer Witch are on their way."

"Tell them to hurry," I cry out. "Please Mya, wake up."

"Grandson, you're crying..."

My hand goes to my face and I feel the tears as they stream down my cheeks, how did I not notice. "Come on Mya, you're missing out on me crying, you're supposed to make it stop."

Still silent.

Grandfather disappears from the common room painting and then McGonagall and Pomfrey are let in. "Oh my goodness," McGonagall says.

"Help her," I cry.

Pomfrey comes over to us and she starts healing Hermione. "I need to take her to the Hospital wing," Pomfrey says.

"NO!" I yell. "I need to stay with her."

"He can't stay with her like this in public, Poppy," McGonagall explains. "Mr Malfoy just tell us what happened and we'll be able to tell you how serious this is."

"Weasley and Potter came in here, Hermione and I were having our usual banter," I mutter as I stare at my unconscious wife. "Weasley flipped out. Hermione tried to stop but he swung with the other arm... she pushed me out of the way and took the hit straight to the head."
"Weasley?" the two women exclaim.

"Mya's been under the cruciatus curse before, Aunt Bellatrix tortured her," I say. "It could be that."

Pomfrey's eyes widen, "I'll see what I can do now and then I'll leave a few potions to give to her after an hour, if she's not awake by then send Abraxus to me."

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey," I say.

I hold Hermione's hand and sit on the low tea table between the two sofas. "I want Weasley expelled, or at least suspended," I say to McGonagall.

"I saw him and Mr Potter on the way here Mr Malfoy, they look pretty beaten up," the Headmistress says as Pomfrey continues healing Hermione. 

"I lost it," I admit tightening my hold on Hermione's hand. "I wanted to kill him. For all the pain he's put her through." I look up at the Headmistress, "If Potter hadn't pushed me away, I could have killed him. That's why I need Mya, she would have stopped me."

"I understand," she nods. "I'll have a word with Mr Weasley and then when Hermione wakes up we'll ask her what we should do."

"You can take her to your room now," Pomfrey says.

I stand up then lift Hermione into my arms and thank the two witches and go to our room. I lay Hermione down on the bed and climb onto it as well and lie down behind her then wrap my arms around her and allow myself to fall asleep.