The Dark

Hermione Pov

I am almost finished putting the maple syrup on the pancakes that both Luna and Draco confirmed to be edible when I hear the most horrifying cry of pain I have ever heard in my life. "Drake!" Luna exclaims.

I run into the common room to see Draco with tears streaming down his eyes gripping onto his marked arm. "Dray!" I say then go over to him hugging him tightly and bring onto his knees. "Honey, what's wrong?"

"The Dark Lord is back," he mutters anxiously. "He's going to kill Mya. Potter is the Dark Lord."
I gasp as I look into his pained eyes, now a shade darker, silver bleeding into grey.

"No, no," I assure him. "The Dark Lord is gone now, we stopped him."

"I'll kill him!" Draco screams.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Blaise and Ginny enter and gesture to them to stay back. "You can't kill Potter, remember," I say.

"He wants to kill Mya!" he says. "I'll kill him. I'll kill him."
"Come on, Dray," I say. "Remember you said he's too stupid to die even if he get's killed. Remember that was the first thing you said to me after the Battle of Hogwarts."

"Potter is the last Horcrux," he continues muttering.

"You also said Ron was so stupid he wouldn't die even if he killed himself."

He pauses, "So killing them would be futile?"

"Yes, absolutely," I nod. "Don't waste your time killing idiots. Dray, come sit down with Lu-Lu and me and eat some pancakes. The Dark can't get you anymore. I promise."

His eyes return to their beautiful silver shade and Draco begins to fall forward but I catch him and then Blaise comes over to help me bring him to the sofa.

"Mya," he says his voice sounding strained. "What happened?"

"I think the fight has triggered some sort of PTSD in you,"  I say. 

"PTS... what?" Ginny asks.

"Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder," I explain. "It's a muggle thing."
"I'm not a muggle," Draco points out.

"You are not," I agree. "But our brains are the same. Your PTSD might be magically enhanced, that's why you're not reliving moments, you're merging them with the present."

"It's not dangerous is it?" Luna asks.

"For the people around him it can be a bit hard to deal with but we should be alright."
"If that's so, let's eat before Ginevra's victims wake up," Blaise says as he follows his nose into the kitchen to get the pancakes.

"Victims!" I exclaim.

Ginny's face suddenly matches her hair. "I kind of beat up Harry and Ron, they're passed out outside."

"Ginny!" 

"Which reminds me!" Draco says. "Pomfrey left some potions for you to drink."

"Oh," I say. I spot them on the bookshelf and go over to them then realise Draco is sneaking away.

"Where do you think you're going?" I ask after drinking the first potion.

"The Golden Duo are passed out by our front door," Draco says. "There is no way I'm missing that."

I chuckle then drink the rest of the potions, "You have to come look, Mya," I hear Draco says. "It's glorious."

"You shouldn't be so excited to see people in pain, Draco," Luna and I scold.

"They aren't people, they are Pothead and Weaselbee," he retorts. "Now help She-Weasel get them in here."

"Alright," I chuckle.