Draco's Wife's Annoying Friends

Draco Pov

I'm panting heavily from excitement, I've tackled Hermine onto the bed, after chasing her through the dorms. She laughs childishly, "What was that about Mya?!" I exclaim.

She pushes me off her, "Can't I let loose once in a while?" she asks pouting. "Ronald was being an idiot, so I don't want to think about him."

"You could have blown our cover," I protest.

"Are you okay with that?" she asks.

"Of course but a little warning would be nice," I sigh. "I think I stepped on a someone's spilt drink, my shoes are wet."

"Well, you did make a big show of running across the table."

"Not my best decision," I laugh. "I can't wait to go home. I miss taunting the paintings with our deviancy."

 "Ah the constant cursing as we walk down the hallways never gets old," she drawls.

"Come on let's get this stuff out of here, I have at least three suitcases; one filled with our books, one filled with my books and research and one filled with our clothes," I list. "Plus your charmed bag."

"Well you must be a gentleman and pull all the suitcases to the train," she chuckles. "You better not have creased my coat."

"It has an anti-crease spell on it," I counter. 

We gather our things and make sure we haven't left anything behind then leave the head dorms only to be face to face with the Golden Duo. "As I was saying, Granger," I turn to Hermione as if I had been talking to her prior to the painting opening. "If you would just tell me the charm you used on that bag of yours, I wouldn't have to lug these giant cases around with me."
"And why would I do that?" she asks ignoring the two boys' presence.                                                "Because then you wouldn't have to prop the door open for me as I try to get these out of it."

"Ahem?" Potter voices.

"That's not a very good impression of Umbridge, Potter. You'd never make it as an impressionist. Granger and Lovegood have had the pleasure of seeing my impressions of the two of you and many of the school faculty and they were very impressed."

"Mildly," Hermione corrects. "And I only watched you because you threatened to spill ink on my homework."                                                                                                                                                                            "Well then, you should have looked when I called you," I shrug. "Too much homework is bad for your health."                                                                                                                                                                             "And since when did you care about my health?" she asks.                                                                        "Since we had divided duties; if you get sick I'll have to do double my normal workload. It's also why I insist on you washing the lurgies you get from these two."

"At least you're acknowledging that we're standing here" Weasley grumbles.

 "Why are you here Ronald?" Hermione asks, ooh full name, she's vexed.                                                 "Malfoy was chasing you," he says in a small voice.                                                                                                She turns to me, "Were we not neck and neck throughout our race?"                                                         I nod, "Until I, of course, reached the painting first," I smirk.

I start pulling our belongings out of the passage and Hermione follows after, allowing Grandfather to close himself. "Took you long enough," he grumbles.

"Sorry," Hermione says tutting at herself, then she turns back to me, "Is your memory decaying with age, Malfoy? I won the race."                                                                                                                           "You're older than me, so your memory is clearly the one that's decaying." I retort.   

"How do you know that?" Potter and Weasley ask in sync.                                                                         "Know what?" we reply, also in sync. Do they really need to keep interrupting us?   

"That Hermione is older than us," Potter continues. "We didn't know until Fourth year."

"You're really friends with these idiots?" I ask my wife. She shrugs in response, ignoring their shocked protests. "Well if you must know, on September 19th in First year, I found myself as usual teasing Beaver teeth here. She then pushed me against the wall as I was on my own and said 'Show some respect Ghost Boy, I'm twelve years old today, making me older than you, so either you stop bullying me or I'll hex you into the next century.'"

"I did not call you Ghost Boy!" Hermione yelps horrified.

"No, I think you swore at me," I chuckle. "My poor eleven-year-old ears."

"I don't swear and you know it," she exclaims. "I would have cussed the three of you out years ago."

I turn to the Golden Duo, "Did you really not know she's older than us until Fourth year?" The looked down in embarrassment. "Some friends you are, I'll see you next year. I pray the holidays drag on to delay the meeting. Later Granger!"

"Now who's rhyming names!" she calls to me as I drag two suitcases and the third follows behind by magic. 

"At least you haven't said 'Don't be coy, Malfoy!'" I yell.

"I'll use it next time," she chuckles.

Hermione Pov

"What was that about?" Ron asks.

"Us being civil, Malfoy isn't that bad once you get to know him," I shrug.

They stare in shock, "Are you hearing yourself, 'Mione?" Harry exclaims.

"You try living with him for months on end," I retort. "Actually don't, he's been working on some spells that could cause some issues."

"What kind of spells?" Harry asks.

"See you in a few weeks boys," I say brushing him off and then following after Draco. "If you don't head to the tower now, you're going to miss the train!"

"What do you mean in a few weeks?" Ron exclaims.

"I'm staying with my family this year," I say not entirely lying. "Ta!"