I thought I Lost You

Hermione Pov

I slowly wake up and find myself on my bed. I feel firm arms around me, holding onto me as if I were their lifeline. I turn around slightly to see Draco sleeping peacefully beside me. I slowly sit up and look at the time on Draco's watch. It's been just under an hour since Ron and Harry came to the dorm.

My head hurts a bit, I try to pry myself out of Draco's arms but I hear him groan and he wakes up. He looks at me then jumps up and hugs me protectively. "I thought I lost you," he whispers.

"I just passed out, Dray. Nothing fatal," I reassure him.

"After your best friend hit you in the head," Draco says.
"What happened to them?" I ask.
His left arm moves up so I can see his bruised knuckles, "I beat them to a pulp."

"DRACO!"

"I also told the numpties the truth," he mutters.

"You what?"

"I'm sorry Mya," he says. "I just lost it, they're just such idiots, and they were screaming..." he looks up at me with the most pain I've ever seen in those silver eyes of his. "They asked why would I care that you were hurt."

My heart softens, I put my hand to the side of his face, "Well, thanks for beating some sense into them."

He lets go of me as I try to get off the bed. I stand up but I feel dizzy and almost fall back down again but Draco catches me and helps me steady myself. We head to the common room to see Luna and Blaise waiting for us on the sofa. "Hermione!" Luna exclaims as she jumps up and hugs me.

"Careful Lu-Lu, Mya's feeling a bit dizzy," Draco says.

Luna leans back and puts her wrackspurt spotting glasses on.
"Your wrackspurts seem disorientated too," she says.

"We heard what happened," Blaise says. "Weasley hit you hard enough to knock you out with one punch?"

"It was because of the cruciatus curse I was under back in the war," I say. "And maybe the effects of being around so many Horcruxes."

"So in the end," Draco sighs. "This was all Potter's fault."

Blaise laughs, "So are we going to beat the Golden duo into a pulp or has Drake done enough damage?"

"I think a stern lecture will do the trick," I say. "Now, I have some pancake batter to use up and I'm missing a guest. Blaise go get your fiancé would you."

"She's not my fiancé yet," he points out.

"Yet was the most important word in that sentence," Luna, Draco and I all say in sync.

"Malfoys," Blaise groans and then leaves the dorm on his way to find Ginny.