Twenty Times Too Hard

Third Person Pov

"Ugh! I hate you!" Hermione screams. "How can you be so smart and so lazy? What pleasure do you get in overworking me?"

Draco smirks with amusement, "I get to see my favourite mudblood running around like a headless goose doing things for me."

A gasp is let out from the crowd then Hermione's hand shoots out and slaps Draco across the face causing him to fall back into the snow and spit out blood.

Draco Pov

Earlier

"Mya!" I call out. "We have to do this!"

"I don't want to slap you," she groans. "Especially not in front of everyone."

"It's not my fault Potter likes playing detective," I remind her. "We just have to deal with it until we come out with the truth."

Potter had been acting suspiciously since the beginning of term. He'd been following Hermione everywhere. She had to shake him off several times in the last five days. Last night, I used legillimancy to find out what was the issue. I was very quick and very subtle so he didn't notice. He's suspicious about mine and Hermione's relationship. We had to act fast, so we're orchestrating a fight in Hogsmeade today. Blaise and She-Weasel don't even know about it. 

"What if I hit you too hard?" she asks. "I broke your nose last time."

"The more pain I'm in the better," I shrug. "I know you love me, this fight isn't going to disprove that."
"You've told McGonagall?" she asks she comes into the room in her coat and hat on her hair had come loose from her hat so I go over to her and tuck it in. "She knows everything, I'm prepared to lose a couple of house points to protect my wife, you know that."

 Hermione Pov

"I'm prepared to lose a couple of house points to protect my wife, you know that."

Draco's words keep replaying in my head as I march to Hogsmeade ready to fake fight my husband. I spot him walking down the street with Luna, I take in a breath then yell "This has taken lazy to a new level!" I shout out.

Luna and Draco turn around to look at me, Draco gives me a soft sympathetic look then his mask appears as he smirks nodding slightly in the direction Harry and Ron are now standing. "What's the problem, Mya?" he asks in a relaxed tone. "Wake up on the wrong side of the barn this morning?"

"Stop trying to distract me," I yell. "And stop calling me 'Mya'."

"You keep calling me 'Dray'? Why should I have to stop calling you something you don't like if you keep calling me something I don't like?"

"Ugh, stop changing the subject," I yell as I storm over to the blonde duo.

"What have I done now Beaver? Can't I spend time with my cousin in peace?"

"Not when you're fobbing off your head student duties," I exclaim.

"Draco," Luna says disapprovingly.

 Draco laughs subtly, "I don't need to worry about that, I have you to pick up the slack."

"What? Is it so beneath you to be at the highest level a student can achieve?"  I ask. "It is such an honour and you don't even care."
"I'm a Slytherin," he shrugs. "I have ambitions, Headstudent is merely a stepping stone."
"Ugh," I hate you!" I scream. "How can you be so smart and so lazy? What pleasure do you get in overworking me?"

He gives me an amused look, "I get to see my favourite mudblood running around like a headless goose doing things for me."

That is my cue, as a gasp is heard through the area I slap Draco across the face, at least twenty times harder than I was supposed to, Draco falls back into the snow then spits out blood.

"Draco?!" Luna exclaims. "Hermione?!"

"The war is over Malfoy, stop bringing up things I fought to erase," I cry out then I turn around and head back to the castle.

Draco's thoughts mix with my own, "Love you."

"I love you too, I'll see you back in the dorm."