Duelling Club

Draco pov:

I'm supervising the duelling club today. Weasley and Potter were teaching because they've had so much practice. Potter stands on the table, much like Lockhart did in our second year. He struts back and forth and pulls Weasley onto the table then lectures the poor students. They start raising their hands and bombarding the two War heroes with questions. Many of them not related to duelling, fighting or even magic. 

I bring my fingers to my mouth and whistle, "Potter, Weaselbee, this is a duelling club, not a Golden Duo Fanclub, now teach the students and stop wasting my precious time."

Weasley looks ticked. "Who wants me to duel Malfoy?" he asks the crowd. They all cheer.

"Oh please, the slug spell only works on idiots," I retort, I pull out my wand and start spinning it around sending magic through it. Suddenly, Weasley starts spinning as well. "Now you see, Weaselbee. I've had more than enough practise duelling, if you were duelling me, Christmas will come early because your face would be green and your hair is red."

"Stop it Malfoy," Potter orders.

"Whatever you say, Potter," I chuckle then jerk my wand to the right, hurling Weasley at him. All eyes are on me now. I push through the crowd and jump onto the table. "You see students, duelling like all types of one-on-one combat is like dancing; duellers must be light on their feet and they must know all the steps. For example, if I use the dolor hex on someone which attacks all the nerves in the body with a single wave making them feel like they've been sliced open and my opponent doesn't cast a shield charm, he or she would pass out from the shock. In a duelling club, you would never use this type of hex, that's why it's not taught until Seventh year by only the best professors. This spell is in fact forbidden in Ilvermorny and Beaubaxtons. Only Hogwarts and Durmstrung teach this spell, so consider yourself lucky. It's not dark magic but it is dangerous, it's like a small percentage of the Cruciatus curse. A similar spell would be Sectumsempra," I say lifting up my shirt to show the scar I got from Potter in our sixth year. "I was on the receiving end of that spell when I was 16 thanks to a certain war hero."

The students gasp, "That's enough Malfoy," Potter says pushing Weasley off of himself.

"Trust me, fellow students," I say. "If you learn from Potter you only learn defence and if you learn from Weasley you're going to learn how to make spells backfire."

"What about Dumbledore's Army?" a student asks. "They learnt loads from Harry."

"Ah but that was a select few people with a drive to overthrow a Pink Tyrant," I explain. "Potter taught them what he learnt through special treatment from my cousin, Nymphadora's husband."

Potter shivers at the thought, "Alright Malfoy, you've had your time in the limelight, get off the table and let the duellers learn."

"If you want myself and the Headgirl to teach you what we know as the top students for as long as any student can remember, come back here on Saturday."

"Has Hermione agreed to this?" Potter asks. "And you're willing to work with her?"

"I've been working with her for the past month and a half Potter," I shrug. "Of course I'm willing. Now if you don't mind, you're wasting my time."

I leap off the table and the crowd cheers, "Good luck keeping their attention now War heroes."

In the evening, as I lie in bed with Hermione, she brings up today's events, "So Harry and Ron were pretty mad at dinner today."

"Aren't they always?" I chuckle snuggling into the blanket. 

"Well, apparently a ferret jumped onto the table in the duelling club and imperioed the students," she explains in a fake serious tone. 

"Is that Potter speak for dazzling the students and taking the attention off of him?" I ask. 

"You're clearly a Potter dictionary," she chuckles. "Ron said we're having our own duelling club on Saturday."

"Is it a bad idea?" I ask worriedly.

"No, no," she assures me. "It's a wonderful idea, it's just a bit sudden."

"Is it a dent in your schedule to do assignments due at the end of term?"

"Not really," she sighs. "You're not allowed to be arrogant about it though, ok?"

"I'll try," I say. "Think about it like this Mya, you can take all your frustrations about me and your minions out on me for an hour with whatever spells you feel like."

"Who said I have frustrations about you?" she asks.

"You think my cologne is a bit too strong, I keep eating all the apples and I keep buying you flashy gifts that you don't know what to do with," I list. "Also I think you said I need a bit more colour in my wardrobe." 

"I think you know me too well," she sighs.

"That's a good thing."

"I know."