Ride Through the Castle

Ginny Pov

I spent the rest of the day in the Head dorms, Luna had even fallen asleep. Hermione yawns, "I think it's time we all go to sleep," she says.

Draco looks at his watch -which I didn't notice he had- "it's only nine."

"We have lessons tomorrow," she reminds him then leans on his shoulder tiredly.

Blaise stands up and lifts Luna onto his back, "I've got to get Luna back to her dorm anyway, you coming Weasley?"

"Yeah," I say standing up. "See you tomorrow, Hermione."

"Ta," she says.

Blaise leads me away but I hear Malfoy... Draco complain that no one says 'bye' to him then Hermione starts doting on him. We leave the dorm and Blaise says "Cute, aren't they?"

"Not right now, Zabini," I sigh. "I still can't believe it."

"So you've finally learnt my Grandson's secret?" Abraxus chuckles. "Tainting two family lines but even I accept the two are right for each other." The painting peers over at Luna, "Poor girl, Ravenclaw's work themselves too hard. Mr Zabini, please take her back to her dorm."

"Just on my way to doing so, sir," Blaise says then quietly whistles. "I'm dropping off Miss Weasley as well."

"Good show," he exclaims. "I'll leave you be."

Blaise's rug flies into the hallway and lands then Blaise moves Luna into his arms and sits on it. "Come on, Weasley."

"I didn't agree to be escorted," I say stomping my feet.

"Just get on, Weasley," he sighs. "We don't want your guards wondering where you were."

"I don't have guards."

"What are the eighth year Gryffindor males to you then?" he challenges.

"Friends."

"So you're telling me they wouldn't beat up any boy who hurt you, not that I'm saying you wouldn't do it yourself but if the situation occurred where you couldn't?"

I laugh, "Yeah, I guess, maybe."

"So then," he says. "Let's get you back to your dorm before they accuse me of anything." I sigh then get onto the rug. "Up!" Blaise announces to the rug then it starts floating again then Blaise instructs it to go to Ravenclaw tower.

Halfway to the tower, Blaise says abruptly, "What would you do if someone proposed to you the way Draco did Hermione?"

"What? With the constellations and the enormous ring?" I exclaim. "I doubt that would ever happen, no boy I know is that smooth."

"No, I mean out of the blue, no relationship other than friendship? Not even being courted," Blaise explains.

"I don't know," I say. "I doubt it, you'd need to be very close for that to work right?"

He nods. "You know something that would make me happy?"

"Free hair gel?"

He chuckles, "If you and I put aside our differences and became friends, for you to call me Blaise rather than spitting out my surname."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because then you would have another guy who would happily beat up imbecilli for you."

"What would be in it for you?" I ask suspiciously. "Is there a bet going round to see if you can get on my good side or not?"

He laughs, "You know how we Slytherin work but no, there aren't any bets, I just thought it would be nice to branch out with my friends a bit."

We arrive at the entrance to the Ravenclaw dorms. Blaise gets off the rug and puts Luna down then knocks on the bronze Eagle knocker. "What's the riddle today?" Blaise asks.

"I have a tail and wings, a beak and claws but when I'm angry, I let out a fearsome roar. What am I?"

"What on Earth?" I exclaim confused.

"You really didn't get that one?" Blaise asks in surprise. "But you're a Griffindor?"

"Correct," says the painting then it opens. Blaise picks Luna up again then goes into the Ravenclaw dorms and returns five minutes later without Luna and gets back on the rug. "Gryffindor tower," he says patting the rug and we're off again.

"How did you guess that so quickly?" I ask.

"Well it was pretty obvious," he shrugs, "It said fearsome roar and claws. Fearsome is usually used to describe predators mostly big cats such as lions and most of the riddle describes birds but birds of prey have talons, not claws, so you automatically think griffin."

"No, you don't," I say. "That's about as logical as Arithmancy."

"Agree to disagree," he laughs.

We arrive at Gryffindor tower and see Harry and Ron coming out of the dorms, "What are you doing with Zabini?!" the two exclaim.

"I was just escorting Miss Weasley back to her dorm," Blaise shrugs. "She's spent the entire afternoon with Granger and Looney and couldn't be bothered to climb up all these stairs so I gave her and Looney a lift."

I get off not bothering to correct him and go over to Harry and Ron, "Thanks... Zabi... Blaise."

I see his face light up, "Anytime Ginny." He taps the rug and it zooms away.

"We were so worried," Harry exclaims.

"What was that about?" Ron asks in shock.

"You weren't showing up on the map!"

"No one has seen you all afternoon!"

"You can't just disappear like that."

"I can do what I want!" I huff. Blaise was right. "As Blaise said I was with Hermione and Luna."

"Were you with Malfoy and Zabini too?" Harry asks holding up the Marauders Map which I didn't realise he had on him. "They haven't been visible on the map all afternoon."

"Zabini was with Malfoy and I was with Hermione and Luna, none of us appeared on that blasted map because we were all in the head dorms and doing our own thing."

"Then why weren't we invited?" Ron asks.

"Would you sit in a room close to your enemy's bedroom and listen to girl talk?"

The two widen, "No."

"I didn't think so," I say. "Now leave me alone."