The Train Home

Hermione Pov

Ron, Harry, Ginny and I sit in silence as the Hogwarts Express speeds down the tracks on route to Kings Cross. Harry and Ron have decided to not talk to me and Luna says Blaise left Ginny in a foul mood at breakfast.

"I can't wait to see Crookshanks again," I say abruptly. "My parents have him at the moment." Harry and Ron hum in response, Ginny is still lost in her thoughts. "Do you have any plans for the holidays?"

Still nothing.

"I plan to relax for a few days," I tell them. "My muscles are a bit stiff and my reaction time is a bit off; Malfoy threw something at me the other day and I almost let it hit me." Ron's hands tightened into fists but he says nothing. Harry stares aimlessly out the window and Ginny appears to be falling asleep. 

I stand up and brush off imaginary dust from my lap and start leaving the compartment. "Where are you going?" Ron demands.

"To some politer company," I say. "See you in a few weeks." I head over to the Slytherin compartments, as usual, the one Draco is in only holds his small group of friends. "Hey Mya," Draco chimes as he spots me.

"Mya?" Theodore exclaims, he looks between us, "I guessed you were close but not nickname close."

I reach up to my chain and pull out my ring then Draco flashes his. "Oh we're closer," we chuckle in sync.

Theodore's jaw drops as I sit down next to my husband and lean into his arm as he puts it around me. Blaise casts a spell to close the blinds since we are cautious folk. "You're married?!" Theodore exclaims, he stares at Draco enviously. "Why do you get everything? Good and bad?"

"Would you trade places if it also means getting the dark mark magically inked onto your arm?" Draco raises an eyebrow. "Trust me it was not a fun experience."

"Yeah, I'll skip that bit," he shivers.

"How was it so easy to tell Theo but it took you months to tell Ginevra," Blaise asks.

"Because Ginny had no clue about how close we are, and she still hates Dray," I explain. I look over at Luna who was sprawled out across two seats on the other side of the walkway, fast asleep. "I'm starting to think falling asleep a lot is a habit of my wispy cousin-in-law."

"It is," the three boys say in tandem.

I snuggle up to Draco getting comfortable. "Apparate me to the seat across from Luna if someone comes through and if not: DO NOT DISTURB me until we get to London."

"Yes ma'am," Draco chuckles. I close my eyes and slow down my breath then let exhaustion sink in and fall asleep.

Draco pov

Theo and Blaise stare at Hermione in surprise as she falls asleep. I notice her ring was dangling from her neck so I gently put it back beneath her dress. My hands brush her coat. Cor! It is soft. I expect nothing else from a designer coat. I put my hands back to my side and see that the two numpties were still staring. 

"Do you prefer gentle Draco or grumpy Draco, Blaise?" Theo asks. "I've never seen anything like this before."

"I prefer gentle Draco," Blaise nods in agreement. "We should start taking notes on our future wives' behalfs."

"Ugh, it's not fair, you two already have yourselves sorted out," Theo sighs.

"I don't see how failing to woo the She-Weasel in the name of courting is having myself sorted out," Blaise grumbles.

"I don't know," Theo exclaims. "Mother wants me to get married soon, she says I should start looking closer to home." I notice his eyes flicker to Luna.

"No," Blaise and I say in tandem.

"If that's your attitude, I doubt she'll ever get married."
"Good," Blaise huffs. "Looney doesn't need a man, her spirit is too free."

"So you're saying she needs a mustang?" Theo sums up. "I can arrange that. She already lives in a field."

"You're not having Luna," I say firmly. "Neither is Potter, you know Mya says he's already planning what he'll name his first kid."

Their jaws drop in shock, "Well he doesn't even need to try, he's THE Harry Potter."

I hear footsteps, "Someone's coming!" Blaise hisses. I apparate Hermione's sleeping body to the place she said then I see Potter coming in the room with She-Weasel. Blaise straightens his collar and stares out the window. I chuckle, "Speak of the devil and he shall appear, we were just talking about you Potter, and your future fantasies."

"Have you seen Hermione?" She-Weasel asks.

Theo points at Hermione's sleeping form, "We've got Lovegood as well."

"Why did they come to you?" Harry asks with disgust.

I turn to Blaise, "You piggybacked cousin from the boats didn't you?" I nod for confirmation -not that I needed it- and he nods back.

"She fell asleep there as well," Theo chuckles.

Blaise shakes his head, "She can fall asleep anywhere! I found her in a bell tower one time."
"What were you doing in a bell tower?" She-Weasel asks incredulously.

"She was studying bats," I recall. "Uncle Xenophilius insisted the two of us escorted her to an inactive belltower."

"If I recall," Blaise begins. "You were meant to escort her, I was meant to make sure you didn't lose her. Which you did. You went to buy ice cream and then Luna wandered into the tower when I popped to the bathroom then she fell asleep."

"So technically," Theo starts.

"You lost her," She-Weasel and Theo say in tandem.

"Hey! We officially blame Draco for that incident," he exclaims. "And we got ice cream in the end." The four of us start laughing as Potter continues staring in shock at our familiarity with each other. 

"And Granger came here because she was tired, she didn't say why," I shrug. "But if I were to guess, something annoyed her. Most probably you lot."

"And how would you know that?" Potter snarls.

"Because she always comes in with the same look on her face when you annoy her. When you live with someone you tend to find out about their habits."

"That doesn't explain why she came here of all places."

Theo holds up his fingers, "Let's see: Lovegood's here, Draco's here -her polite roommate, and you were not here, explains a lot to me."

"Good one," Blaise says as he hi-fives him.

"I'm taking her back," Potter announces marching towards Hermione. In seconds I'm standing up with my wand to Potter's throat.

"She doesn't want to deal with you right now Potter," I relax the wand slightly, "My aunt gave her that coat and I don't want your lurgies all over it."

The others start laughing, "Lower your wand, Malfoy," Potter snarls.

"You don't scare me, Potter," I say. "Granger does, so let her have her nap and get lost!"

He backs away and leaves then She-Weasel sighs then follows after, much to Blaise's disappointment.