Get up Mya

18 December 1998
Draco Pov

"Mya!" I say as I come out of the bathroom. "Get up, we're going home today." Hermione is still in bed, exhausted from the many tests we had yesterday. Not only did we have tests in half the subjects we are studying but we also had one last club meeting before the holidays afterward, we're both regretting not just finishing it on Saturday but that's today's excuse for sleeping in a bit. It's only 9 o'clock but we only half an hour left for breakfast. I hear her groan tiredly in protest. "Or I could carry you down to the Great Hall and watch Weasley pass out."

"Leave Ron alone, Dray," she mutters. "He's not doing anything to you."

"But he's still trying to make moves on you, you're my wife, I can't have Weasley believing he owns you, you're a grown witch who is powerful enough to take out a deatheater in three seconds flat, not an object for Weasley to try and take."

She gets up and starts stretching, "That's lovely Dray, don't worry I've already got my heart stolen by rugged Slytherin, it's not really a romantic fan of gingers anyway."

I laugh, "I've successly got your busy hair off the pillow, Love. Time to get up."
"I miss our bed in the Manor, it's much more softer."
"You say that every week, Love," I sigh. "But today we're actually going home, you can sleep as much as you want there. And on the plus side, Luna and Teddy will be staying from tomorrow and your parents are due on Monday."

She yawns and gets out of the bed, "Goodbye bed, see you in a few weeks."
"Are you talking to the bed?" I ask, mentally noting that I should owl McGonagall about letting me change the mattress and sheets once we get home.
"Is that weird?"
"Depends on what you think is weird or not."
She laughs then goes over to her cupboard, "Did I bring that knitted jumper dress?"
"You've got two, one that goes up to your knee and one that goes up to your ankle so which one?"

"The ankle one," she responds sorting through her clothes and tossing them into the charmed suitcase that had been left open since last night. We had been too tired to finish packing yesterday so we have to quickly finish now. "Leave your coat out Mya, you'll need it for the trip back." Her hand comes up forming a thumbs up, "I'll head downstairs then. See you later."

I head downstairs to the Great Hall and instantly spot Potter and his fanclub. His gaze turns to me but I ignore it and saunter over to Blaise. Luna rushes over to the table, "Drake!" she exclaims wrapping her arms around me. "Father owled and said I need to go home first and drop off all the books and things then we'll come over tomorrow."

"Yeah, he owled me as well," I nod as I put her between Blaise and I. She sits sideways facing me but with her head on Blaise's shoulder. "Where's Hermione?"

"Doing some last minute packing," I explain as I start eating a croissant.

"Don't be ridiculous!" I hear a familiar voice exclaim as two hands bang onto the table. I look up to see Potter seething. "Hermione always packs two days in advance!"

"Well, that's rather impractical," I say, it is also not true, it's always the night before. "Granger informed that she was packing last night however, she succumbed to exhaustion and went to sleep without finishing, her exhaustion also led to her having a lie-in rather than waking up at her normal time. She told me to tell you not to worry but it just slipped my mind the minute I saw your face and my disgust meter started going off."

"Oh shut up, Malfoy!" Potter snarls.

Blaise's hands cup over Luna's ears, "We don't use bad words in front of Looney, Potter, go be angry at someone else."

"Blaise that tickles!" Luna giggles now holding herself up since Blaise's arm moved.

"Sorry Looney. Hey look there's Granger now!"

I turn to see Hermione walking into the Great Hall. "Beaver, Pothead's being a rather rude version of a worrywart, sort him out would you!"
"Since when did I take orders from you Ferret?" she asks as comes over to us and examine her jumper-dress. I notice its made of jade wool and was ever so-slightly tight around the top half of her body but flowed nicely at the bottom.

"Come on Harry, leave Malfoy alone, what ever he's doing, he's only going to do it more if you react," Hermione tells Potter.

I scowl pretending to be annoyed, "I was just innocently eating a croissant and talking to my cousin, Granger. Potter is the one who was interrupting us."

Her eyes narrow then she turns to Potter and whacks his head, "Let Malfoy eat, Harry."
"But 'Mione..."

"Don't you 'but 'Mione' me, would you like it if Malfoy came up in your face as you eat breakfast to shout at you? No you would not, now go back to the Gryffindor table."

"Yes, Hermione." He walks off embarrassed as every single student watches him in shock.

I start clapping, "Practicing you're Mother skills already Granger? Whoever marries you better love being nagged." Blaise grins knowingly whilst Luna holds down a chuckle.

"And whoever marries you better own a pair of earplugs to block out your snoring, I can hear you from my dorm-room," she retorts playing along.

"I do not snore!" I say holding back the urge to laugh at the ridiculousness of this conversation.

Hermione skips away, "That's what a snorer would say!" I watch her start laughing then heads over to her table to eat. I continue to scowl knowing I should be annoyed right now in the enemies situation but I still laugh internally.

I don't snore.