46

It's amazing how a girl can go from loving herself, to hating herself.

She once didn't care about how she looked, but now she puts layers of makeup on and buys all the fashionable clothes she can. She wanted to be unique, now she just wants to fit in and look pretty like everyone else.

She feels she can never look pretty. No one knows her life at home took a turn for the worse. It became harder to buy clothes because she hates the way she looks in things. She tires of trying things on that don't fit. She ends up in tears and the pain she feels won't go away. How can people so close to her say all those bad things?

It all becomes too much for her to handle and keep inside. Constantly she avoids the mirror because she'll hate what she sees, she always does. She now believes what people say. So she cuts herself. She wants to escape the pain. At first only once, than more and more until her blood drips onto the floor. It feels good. She has control of the pain she feels now.

She can't stop, until it'll be too late because no one sees her. She'll end up hanging off the ceiling or cutting too deep. Of course they don't notice, she's invisible. One day she'll give up and everyone will mourn. They have no right, how can they say they care when she's dead, but not when she's alive?

For now she'll just be dying on the inside. She'll grow cold and numb. But you won't see that. You'll just see a smile. You won't notice her sleeves get longer, her smile shrink shorter, her eyes turn lifeless, her hair color go dull, her silent cries for help, that she knows you'll never hear, the more makeup she buys and puts on to hide behind. You won't see that she flinches when people come near her battle wounds. You simply can't see that she's falling apart behind a mask and a web of lies she designed to look like she were fine.