134

The people around you don't know
Of all the pain you don't show.

They might think it's weird when you wear jeans and long sleeves when outside it feels like a hundred degrees.

Someone might notice that you flinch when you're touched or bumped. When you're thinking how to respond, you sometimes get stumped.

So you come up with an excuse and claim it's just a bruise.

And they'll believe you because the thought of you harming yourself doesn't seem to run through their minds. So they don't see what's coming or why when you decide it's time.

You think that it'd be easier to leave this world than stick around. You feel like you're just too lost to be found.

There's no one who notices or anyone who would care. So why not leave more scars here and there.

You'll just continue to leave marks on your skin and you let the demons finally win.

I know because this describes me. When I look in the mirror, I hate what I see.

I don't think I want to live much longer. There is no way I'm getting stronger.

I want to give up and I don't want to feel. I don't think these scars could ever heal.

I've been alone for so long. It's hard to tell someone something's wrong.

But they'll never know because my scars are something I'll never show.