175

I'm broken, shattered, what made me think I could ever get better?
I lost the people I tried to protect, I tried to shield them of my world, my feelings, but I only managed to hurt everyone involved.

Things do get better, you'll see.
You didn't lose us, we're here, we love you.
You're only hurting yourself.

The secrets, the lies, they couldn't take it anymore. They left, they always leave.

Just tell us the truth,
we'll help you through.
We'll never leave you,
it's just hard to see you sad.

I can't blame them, it's all my fault. If only I were prettier, skinnier, funnier, maybe I could fit in, maybe I could get them back. Please, please come back.

Nothing is your fault. You're beautiful the way you are, don't hurt yourself. We never left, and if we do, we'll always come back.

I'm lost without them, I want to die. If everyone leaves in the end, it wouldn't matter if I left them, right? Who would want someone so broken, shattered, and numb anyways? Exactly. No one.

We want you for you. Don't leave us now. You'd leave us feeling more broken than you could ever imagine. We're lost without you.

All I want is to be happy, for you to be happy. I'm so sorry.

No, don't do it. You make us happy, we'll try and do better, we promise. Don't apologize, I don't know how I'd forgive myself if you died.

....

No, no. Please, please come back. Please.
I need you, I love you. Please.

....

Maybe I can join you up there. Maybe then I'll be happy again. I'm lost without you. I'm broken and numb, what made me think it could ever get better?  I'm so sorry.
....

It's an infinite circle of sadness.
....