Chapter Twenty Two: LA Day 3 Cont'd

ALICE

Zoe managed to convince me to spend our last day in LA doing something productive rather than moping around in my room like I planned. So that's why I was dressed and pampered and heading into the city with the girls, they wanted to shop and I wasn't about to refuse because I knew they would find a way to make me pay. Nothing too drastic but something to make me think twice about refusing a shopping trip in the future.

After the fourth shop I felt like my feet were falling off, the gladiator sandals my sister forced me into weren't exactly helping. She refused to let me wear my comfy converse because it didn't go with the summer dress I'd been put in. Luckily I was saved when my phone went off and I excused myself from the girls, I had a new message from Dan. After the way we left things earlier in the morning I wasn't too sure as to where we stood with each other, I didn't know if he knew that PJ dumped me.

Dan: Meet me at Rose Cafe in 20 mins x

I tilted my head to the side in confusion as I reread the text over and over again, why did Dan want to meet me at a cafe?

"Alice you look confused, what's wrong?"

Tanya came up behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder before looking down at my phone, a smile spread across her face and she squealed which caught the attention of the other girls who hastily made their way over.

"Girls, Dan just messaged Alice. I think our distraction bought him enough time."

Okay, why was Tanya talking about a distraction and Dan in the same sentence? I turned an accusing eye on my friends who cowered under my gaze. Zoe tugged at her cardigan before stepping forward.

"Dan wanted us to distract you while he set up a date for the two of you; it explains why we forced you into that dress. Surprise sis."

To say I was shocked would have been an understatement; I didn't know what to think right now. Dan wanted to go on a date with me and he enlisted my sister and friends to help him, I was feeling mixed emotions right now and I didn't know who to direct them at. Tanya squeezed my shoulder reassuringly and motioned down at my phone.

"Message him back and say you're on your way. When you were in the changing rooms I programmed the address of the cafe into your phone, it's not far from here so go and have a good time."

Tanya was very much like a mum/big sister for me, I loved her to pieces but no one touched my phone and lived to tell the tale but I thought for today I'd let it slide. I was actually pretty nervous all of the sudden, yes I'd been alone with Dan before but we didn't exactly have the best track record at dates or date like scenarios. All I could think of was what could possibly go wrong that resulted in him hating me or vice versa. Someone wrapped their arms around me and I found myself staring into my sisters eyes.

"Stop panicking, take a deep breath and push away all the negative thoughts swimming in your head. LA has been a transformation for you, just look at what you did to your hair. Think of this date as a blank slate and put both of your pasts behind you."

I smiled weakly and hugged my sister back.

"Thank you Zoe, I don't know how I'd cope without you to ground me and bring me back to reality. But what if it does go wrong?"

I bit my lip and waited for her reply, around me the other girls sighed and Louise rolled her eyes at me before putting a hand on her hip and smirking.

"If something goes bad little Sugg then the two of you laugh about it later, think about all the crazy stories you'll have to tell if you ever do go out. Turn the disaster into something funny and you'll both be happier for it."