Chapter Six: Cautious Warnings

ALICE

The next day went without any hitches, touch wood, after the horrible slander on the internet I was happy that the hate had started to die down. Once other youtubers came to my aid everything calmed down. But you know the saying 'the calm before the storm'; it all kicked off when I met Alfie for the cupcake he promised me.

Zoe was off doing prep for the release of her bath line, I was pumped for her and as her sister I got to try out the bath fizz and body lotion before anyone else. Each item was gorgeous and I'd fallen in love with the guinea pig cosmetics bag, to the extent that Zoe gave me one for free to shut me up.

Joe on the other hand was off filming with Marcus, yes I know this was supposed to be a Sugg trip but you could only spend so long with your siblings before you wanted to rip each other's heads off. Let's just say that Zoe wasn't amused by mine and Joe's attempt to make Delia Smith pancakes.

When Alfie promised to buy me a big cupcake I wasn't about to turn down the offer. We met in a lovely cafe just off the board walk. I'd been browsing around town so had a fair few shopping bags with me, what Zoe had changed my attitude towards shopping. I now had my own income so I planned on spending it.

The air was chilly so I had gone for a pair of thick black leggings, paired with a baby blue oversized jumper, my black army boots and one of Caspar's beanies. Zoe had called me 'cute' while Joe called me 'mini Zoe'. They were both comments I'd never received before.

"Alice."

I hadn't even stepped into the cafe before I heard Alfie's voice echo around the small place, the few customers and staffs just started at me. I took a mental note of the two young girls who obviously worked here who were staring daggers at me. I guessed they weren't a fan of mine.

I skirted around the other tables and made my way towards the corner where Alfie was sitting by an open fire. The two young girls muttered my name under their breath as I walked past them. They couldn't have been much more older than 14 or 15.

"Alfie."

I mirrored his enthusiasm as he got up off the sofa to hug me.

"How are you dealing little one?"

I shrugged my shoulders as he let me go, I sat on the opposite sofa.

"Zoe and Joe had tried to keep me away from the Twitter trends but I know #DieAlice was trending last night. It's also the first time I've received death threats. I can put on a smile for them but at the end of the day its fake Alfie."

He just nodded and took my hand over the table.

"You have a wonderful family and lots of friends who support you Alice. Also it was good of Finn to deflect some of the hate away from you."

I nodded in agreement; Finn and I had been texting nonstop all day. I couldn't wait to get back to London to spend time with him.

"Alfie lets change the subject. You owe me a cupcake and I'm bleeding excited for Playlist Live in a week's time."

Alfie chuckled and looked over the menu, I already knew I was getting a hot chocolate because I was predictable.

"Can I take your order?"

Alfie and I looked up at our waitress, she was one of the two girls who had given me evils and had muttered things under her breath, I wasn't about to show my discomfort.

"I'll get lemonade; Alice will get a hot chocolate with all the works because she's predictable. We'll also get a jumbo chocolate cupcake to share thank you."