Chapter Fifteen: Playlist Live Day 1

ALICE

I had a boyfriend, my face looked less swollen and for the first time in what felt like forever I felt happy and carefree. Today was the first official day of Playlist Live and I was pumped to see all of my fans. I'd had tweets all morning and I tried to reply to as many as I possibly could.

"Alice, let me in."

Zoe's perky voice sounded from the other side of the hotel room. My good mood was gone now because she'd see my face and start to ask questions which I didn't know if I could answer right now.

"I'm coming Zoe. Are you alone?"

"Yes I'm alone silly now open this door."

I shuffled towards the door and opened it slowly. Zoe pushed past me and walked over to my curtains and threw them open. For a second I was blinded by the sudden light flooding my room but then my eyes recovered and adjusted.

"Oh my god what happened to your face Alice?"

Concern laced her voice as she took a step towards me. I motioned for her to sit on the bed, I knew now that I had to tell her everything that was going on in my life. I could no longer keep it a secret.

"Zoe, you have a lot to catch up on. Sit down please."

I took a deep breath as Zoe perched herself on the end of the bed. I explained everything from start to finish, including finding the incriminating photos on the twin's computer and Joe beating Finn to an almost bloody pulp. She listened intently and nodded when appropriate. When I stopped talking Zoe all but threw herself at me and hugged me quite tight.

"I'm so sorry sis. Why didn't you tell me sooner? I would have helped you get through this. We're family and sisters after all."

I felt my eyes begin to water but I quickly wiped away the few stray tears that had formed. I was strong enough not to cry.

"That's not all Zoe, something else happened last night and I need to tell someone."

Zoe pulled out of the hug and squeezed my hand in hers, I'd never felt closer to my sister than I did right now.

"Well Dan came to my room while I was Skyping PJ. We kissed but I told him no because he has a girlfriend who hates my guts may I add. He left and PJ asked me to be his girlfriend and I kind of said yes."

I waited for Zoe to blow up at me but to my genuine surprise she didn't look angry or annoyed. On the contrary she was grinning ear to ear like the real mad man she was.

"Ah you and PJ or should I say #Palice or #AJ, I can't decide on your ship name sis. I have it on good authority though that Dan broke up with his girlfriend at the airport before we boarded the plane."

So I didn't have to feel guilty for kissing him because he was single. Why didn't he tell me? Would we have gone further than a kiss? If we had gone further would I still have said yes to PJ? I didn't know anymore. I loved PJ well at least I think I did in the spur of the moment. I suppose I wouldn't be sure until I was back home and we could spend more time together. I needed to ask Dan why he broke up with Amy and that I was dating one of his best friends.

"What time is our meet and greet Zoe?"

Zoe opened her phone and scrolled down her calendar, the roles had revered in the last couple of months.

"If we get ready now, we should be able to grab breakfast with some other youtubers. You, Joe and I have our joint meet and greet at half eleven before we split off for individual panels."