Chapter Thirteen: Punches Fly

ALICE

"NO!"

I screamed at Joe but he wouldn't listen to me, he was too caught up in the moment. I tried to pull myself free of Caspar's tight grasp but I failed each time. I didn't want this to end in violence, could I ever forgive Joe for his violent actions?

"Caspar you know Joe, please stop him before he does something he regrets later."

I pleaded with my eyes and Caspar sighed in defeat, he knew that I was right about my brother being impulsive. He released me and ran over to try and detach Joe from Finn, all I could do was stand and watch shaking uncontrollably.

"Alice, you shouldn't have to watch this."

I turned my tear stained face towards Phil who had joined us along with Dan. He shrugged off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders, I buried my face into his chest, and it was a lot better than the bloody sight of Finn's face. That face would haunt my dreams for a long time. Phil wrapped his arms around me and kissed me softly on the forehead.

DAN

As soon as I saw Alice detach herself from Sawyer, I followed her train of sight and my eyes landed on Jack and Finn. I nudged Phil and he let out a loud sigh. I tried to locate Joe but it was Phil who spotted him a few minutes later leaving the party with Caspar. They were walking in the same direction as Alice, Jack and Finn.

"Come on Phil we promised Caspar that we would help."

Phil nodded in silence and we pushed our way through the ever growing sea of youtubers who were having the best time of their lives.

Once in the hotel we lost sight of Joe and Caspar. Phil suggested that the confrontation would take place away from the party as not to disturb anyone. Luckily we passed Louis who pointed us in the direction of Jack and Finn with no questions asked.

When we rounded a corner we heard a piercing scream, only one word came to my lips.

"Alice."

Phil and I all but ran towards the scream, if Finn had laid a finger on Alice then I would make him feel true pain. I saw Caspar holding back a struggling and distraught Alice, Phil gasped and I soon joined him as we watched Joe punch Finn over and over again with determination in his eyes.

"Dan, we need to get Alice away from here."

Good old rational Phil, he wanted Alice out of harm's way while my first thought was that I could probably punch Finn harder than Joe was.

Caspar released Alice and then ran to try and pull Joe away from Finn. Jack was also trying desperately to get Finn out of the way of Joe's persistent fist. Phil and I walked to a visibly shaken Alice.

"Dan, go and help Caspar I think he needs it."

Phil motioned me towards Caspar who was struggling to restrain Joe. I needed to man up and play my part, though if I got a chance then I'd happily punch Finn.

ALICE

I buried my head deeper into Phil's chest, behind me all I could hear was the sound of fists making contact with flesh and Joe cursing Finn out. I felt safe in Phil's embrace, though I couldn't help but feel a stab of guilt because I had caused this big fight. How did Dan and Phil know to come and find me? Did they know to? So much for my little secret.

"Phil, did you know that Finn was cheating on me?"

I pulled away from Phil and locked eyes with him, he sighed and nodded.