Chapter Eighteen: LA Day 1

ALICE

Quite a few youtubers decided to rent out a house in LA and spend time together as well as making loads of videos. Jack and Finn made their excuses and flew back to England. I was glad I didn't have to spend more time with them. Me, Zoe, Joe, Caspar, Alfie, Jim, Tanya, Louise, Marcus, Niomi, Dan and Phil were representing Great Britain. While Connor, Joey, Tyler, Sawyer, Grace and Mamrie represented the USA. I couldn't ask to be around a nicer group of people.

We had a pool at the house and us girls decided to take full advantage of it. The sun was beating down on us as we sunbathed, I could easily get use to the LA weather on a daily basis.

"Would any of you guys consider moving out here to glorious LA?"

Grace was addressing the whole group as she sipped at the cocktail that Mamrie had made for all of us.

"I'd probably come over for more holidays when Darcy is a little bit bigger."

Louise had a family back in England which she wouldn't want to uproot despite the promise of nice weather all year round.

"Jim and I have just moved into our new place, I have everything I need there though this weather is tempting and these cocktails are to die for."

We all cheered and raised our glasses to Mamrie who smirked and bowed. I really did love Tanya's new place, it was like another home to me as they said I was welcome to stay over whenever I needed a break from YouTube and relationships. To me Jim and Tanya were like a second mum and dad to me.

"Brighton is alright, wouldn't you agree Niomi? If we moved out here where would all you Americans stay free of charge when you come over to visit England?"

Zoe had a valid point, if none of us Brits lived in England anymore then the American youtubers would actually have to pay for accommodation, oh the horror. They mainly stayed in Brighton and then got the train into London.

"What about you little Sugg?"

I shrugged my shoulders at Grace.

"I think I'm considering it. I'd probably want to stay a couple of months firstly to see if the lifestyle is for me. Yes I have family and friends in England but I can make YouTube videos anywhere, also I'm young so why the hell not."

Grace and Mamrie clinked their glasses together before toasting me.

"Yes we managed to persuade one over to our side. You'll love LA Alice and we'll make sure to show you a good time."

I laughed and rolled over on my sun lounger. The other girls fell quiet while Grace and Mamrie chatted amongst themselves. Maybe my friends weren't excepting that kind of answer from me, Zoe looked the most shocked out of our little group. I was free to make my own decisions.

"Hey Alice, can I have a quick word with you?"

I rolled back over and came face to face with my sister who was crouching by the side of my lounger. I sighed and pushed myself up, I'd just gotten comfortable and now she was making me move.

"Let's go in the kitchen sis."

We walked side by side into the empty kitchen. I perched myself on a counter while Zoe chose a stool. She probably wanted to talk me out of my decision to possibly move out here to LA. She played with the hem of her sundress before looking up at me.

"I never knew that you wanted to move out here sis. I understand about Finn but you and Carrie have a good thing together. I'm in England as well. First Joe and now you, I can't hold England as a lone Sugg."