Chapter Twenty Three: Home Sweet Home

ALICE

It's been two days since we all flew back to England after spending a cracking time in LA and at Playlist. Despite all the drama that had surrounded me, this was the first time that I felt like I had no weight pressing down on my shoulder. I'd spoken again to PJ and we were civil, because no one apart from a few select friends knew about our relationship it made letting go a whole lot easier. I would have liked to say the same for Finn but he wasn't taking my calls or texts, him and Jack hadn't posted a video since Playlist and I had a sneaking suspicion it was because fans would ask why Finn looked like he had been beaten up.

Carrie and I spent my first two days back gossiping and binge eating before she headed out on tour and made arrangements to move out to LA with Joe and Caspar. Carrie was very open minded when I explained the whole Dan situation to her, she couldn't believe that he's taken me on such a nice date but I assured her that neither of us were jumping into a relationship before we knew that we had the strength to stay together for a very long time. However she missed the blue hair but was slowly growing to liking the purple, because she was playing Eponine she was unable to really do anything drastic to her hair so it felt sometimes like she lived her hair fantasies through me.

"What are you doing today Alice?"

Carrie popped her head around my bedroom door which startled me as I exited my ensuite bathroom, she giggled at my wide eyes and hand over my heart. This girl knew how to give me a heart attack in the morning, but that's why I loved her. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Phil wants me to film a video with him so I'll be going there; I think I also need to do a little bit of shopping for LA. Then Joe wants to meet up for coffee to discuss the flight and living details."

Carrie nodded and a frown appeared on her lips.

"I'm really going to miss you Alice, you'll be in sunny LA while I'm stuck in dreary England."

I pulled my best friend into a hug and squeezed her tight.

"We can Skype and also you'll be too busy touring for one of the best musicals in the West End. Hundreds of fans clapping you each night Carrie, you'll forget me in a heartbeat."

I pulled away and picked up my curling tongs off the side and walked towards my mirror before beginning to curl my purple hair. Behind me Carrie smiled weakly and skipped out of my bedroom, I think I'd miss my roommate the most but this LA trip was only for a couple of months while she toured. I wasn't about to back out now, Joe and Caspar had already arranged everything and I'd paid for my plane ticket and my half of the rent.

PHIL

I rushed around my bedroom trying to make it presentable for when Alice came over to film in a short while. Dan leant against my doorway constantly smirking at me as I rushed around like a headless chicken, he obviously found this amusing. Just because his room was a mess didn't mean I wanted mine to look the same, then again if Alice announced she wanted to film with Dan then the roles would be reversed and I'd be smirking at him.

"What are you filming?"

I ordered the last of my games before turning to face Dan.

"I think we're doing prank calls and first tweets."

Dan nodded in approval. He'd told me everything that went down between him and Alice when we were in LA, I knew about the date but he'd waited until we were on the plane to spill any details. Alice had opted to sit by her sister and Louise which left Dan and I on our own. PJ was an idiot for dumping Alice but he and Sophie had a strange on and off relationship that no one needed to get wrapped up in. Alice and Dan were trying to work out the kinks that originally poisoned their chance at a happy relationship and it appeared that they were making progress. Though Dan wouldn't outright admit it he was sad that Alice was darting back off to LA with Joe and Caspar for a couple of months to get away from England and YouTube.