Chapter Twenty Seven: Coffee Shop Again?

ALICE

I needed a break from packing and I had a lot on my mind. In less than forty eight hours I would be boarding a plane to LA and leaving my London life behind for a couple of months. To say I was nervous would be an understatement, I didn't have a problem with flying it was the fact that I didn't know where my life was going for the first time in what feels like forever. I was pumped to make new friends but what if I liked it over there and didn't want to come back, I mean I'd reassured everyone that I'd be back but now I wasn't so sure what I wanted anymore.

I had a career, yes I call making videos in my bedroom a career despite what most normal people would say. I was successful and LA could provide so many more opportunities for me than London. I'd have a whole new set of youtubers to collaborate with and that excited me because maybe I could spice my channel up and step even further away from my siblings shadows.

Yes I didn't have a love life at the minute, I had Dan waiting for me when I came back but would he really wait that long? I doubt he'd stick around if I decided to extend my stay. Should I cut him loose and hope that he doesn't move on? If I move on then I'd feel like a really bad person for stringing him along. Then again if I focused on my career in LA instead of love then maybe I could call Dan my boyfriend when I got back, if I didn't let myself get tempted by cute LA boys that is.

Shoot, who the hell was I trying to fool, I was a girl and I didn't have the best track record when it comes to love. My sister could say that it was my hearts way of telling me that I hadn't found the right guy yet, but I knew that I was weak and a sucker for someone handsome and tall. Go ahead sue me, I needed to explain to Dan before I left but how did I bring that up in conversation?

"What can I get you miss?"

I was bought out of my head by the barista behind the Starbucks counter; I tilted my head and took him in. He had dusty blonde hair and the bluest eyes but was most likely in high school from the way his eyes bulged at the thought of me checking him out. I shook my head and put on my best smile.

"I'll have a tall hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and a slice of coffee cake please."

He nodded and pulled out a cup and a pen.

"What's your name?"

"Alice."

He smiled and wrote it down before passing it to his colleague. I pulled out my purse and paid him before moving along the counter to wait for my drink and cake.

"I have a hot chocolate and coffee cake for Alice."

I put my hand up and grabbed the hot drink along with the slice of heaven I was about to devour in a non ladylike manner.  However when I looked around I noticed that there were no free tables and that dampened my mood.

"Alice, would you like this seat?"

I turned on my heels at the sound of someone calling my name, the voice sounded familiar and I nearly dropped my cake when I came face to face with a smiling Finn who was offering the chair across from him.

"Thanks."

I sat down opposite him; he looked up from his laptop and smiled. His face had healed from the beating Joe and Dan had given him at Playlist Live, I bit my lip as guilt washed over me. I never wanted it to get out of hand but my brother was just being protective.

"You don't need to apologise about the face Alice. I can read you like an open book and I know you feel guilty but I deserved a lot worse for what I put you through."