Chapter Fourteen: Confessions

PJ

I hadn't heard from Alice in a few hours, she should have broken it off with Finn by now. As I paced around my flat I couldn't help but think of why she hadn't called me yet, did she change her mind and give into Finn again? Had someone else confessed their love for her? Did I love Alice Sugg? I think I do, ever since that day on the board walk when I stopped her from jumping I've never felt closer to her.

Yes I screwed up royally in the past, I was jealous of Dan and Finn. But now Finn had shot himself in the foot which only left Dan. He had a girlfriend, but they weren't happy, Phil had told me as much over Skype since he had to live with their constant arguments. Had I locked myself out of Alice's heart when I offered myself as a shoulder to cry on? Had I friend zoned myself?

Behind me the tell tale Skype music began playing, I picked up my tea and headed over to the sofa. My face lit up when I saw that it was Alice calling me, she hadn't forgotten me. I pressed accept and waiting for her beautiful face to pop up.

However when it did pop up I nearly choked on my tea, Alice's nose looked red, her lip was cut and she already had the early signs of a black eye. What the hell had happened to her? Had Finn beat her up? I placed my tea down and bought the laptop onto my lap.

"Alice what happened?"

She sniffled on the other end.

"I broke it off with Finn...I got angry and told him everything...I told him that because of his fans I tried to kill myself...I've never seen such guilt on someone's face PJ."

She tried to bury her face in her hands but she flinched in pain, I gulped. So Finn knew about her attempt to take her own life, I hope that drilled some sense into the boy for playing with heart and soul like that.

"It's okay Alice, now how did you get the cut lip and bruise?"

"Joe and Finn punched me...Joe turned up and started beating Finn up...he got so violent and there was so much blood...Dan and Phil turned up as well...Phil tried to cover my eyes as Dan helped Caspar pull Joe off of Finn...Dan started punching Finn as well...I got him to stop but Finn went to punch Dan and Joe tried...he tried to block Finn's punch but they both ended up hitting me and knocking me to the floor..."

I leant back in shock, she's had an eventful last couple of hours and I hadn't been there to support her. Luckily Phil was the voice of reason and tried to shield her from the violence that was Joe, Finn and Dan.

"You don't need to cover your face Alice; to me you're still beautiful despite a bruise or two."

She giggled and it sent a wave of something over my body. I'd just called her beautiful.

"PJ I don't deserve you as a friend."

This was the moment of truth, I took a deep breath.

"Alice I have something to tell you."

"What is it PJ you can tell me anything."

As I opened my mouth someone knocked on her hotel room. She put her finger up to the screen and scurried off the bed. It better be someone unimportant at the door because I didn't know how else to ask her to be more than friends with me.

DAN

I felt awful about how the fight had escalated, why did I get involved? As soon as I saw Alice shaking I just couldn't stop myself from punching Finn. Phil asked me to help Caspar tame Joe but I didn't, luckily Alice got up in my face and made me stop, she was right this wasn't like me. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, I didn't want to commit to another relationship so soon but there was something about Alice that made her addictive to me. Yes we'd been toxic together in the past but she was my drug that I couldn't get enough of.