• 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 (𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝) •

"𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘦"Toni Romiti - Options

Toni Romiti - Options

~

Huey look at her with a sigh "Val, I didn't-"

"Yes you did!" She said with an uncharacteristic loudness "you told me you and Jazmine were just friends!"

"We are-"

"Then why is she telling you she likes you!?"

"I don't-"

"And why did you keep telling her you were single!?"

"Val-"

"I can't believe you'd do this to me!"

Huey just stood there as she dropped the phone and began to cry into her hands. He walked over, picked it up and read the messages from Jazmine and-

Oh.

No wonder she cryin' like that.

Huey then sat beside her "Val... please, hear me out"

Valerie didn't look at him, nor did she say anything, despite this, Huey decided to continue speaking "I wasn't lying when I said me and Jazmine were just friends, I have no idea where this came from, but I swear on everythin' that nothin' between happened between us aside from a friendship"

As always, Huey was telling a bit of a white lie, sure he and Jazmine were just friends, but he always knew Jazmine probably had a bit of a crush on him, even back when they lived in Woodcrest, but he never wanted to entertain it. However, he never exactly shut it down either, it was one of those things that he just let happen, and now he beginning to regret that choice.

He knew that she was going to tell him one day, but he had hoped it was a lot more private than this, but then came the question, what would he say? Maybe it was a good thing Valerie saw the confession before he did, so he wouldn't make a stupid decision that could potentially cost his relationship.

The girl sniffled, "why did you never mention me? You didn't even tell her you had a girlfriend when she asked..."

"I... don't know" was he telling the truth? Kind of, he didn't know, but there was a small part in his brain that wanted to convince him he did. He then scooted closer to her, wrapping an arm around her, "I'm sorry you had to find out like this, but just know I would have completely rejected her feelings even if you weren't here"

Is that the truth?

Huey frowned, yes it was, and his conscience wasn't going to convince him otherwise. Valerie began to wipe her face with her sleeve, but still didn't look at him, the two stayed quiet for some time, before Valerie finally spoke.