• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭-𝐒𝐨-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 •

"𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗏𝖾, 𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖿𝗅𝗒, 𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗅, 𝖨'𝗆 𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖽𝗂𝖾"MARINA - Oh No!

MARINA - Oh No!

~

If there was one thing Tahiry kept in mind during this school year, it was that she had to prepare for high school. She, along with the other students in her grade, were in their last year of middle school, not only that, but Tahiry would be turning fifteen rather soon. Overall, she had to soon grow up, because the world wasn't going to wait for her to. Yes, this was not exactly the happiest outlook to have, but she'd rather think like that than live in a fantasy world like Deja did.

The brownskin girl sat by her desk, taking notes as her media lesson dragged on. She groaned, Tahiry hated media, it was too long and taught by a boring teacher, but it was either that or triple science, so she just accepted the boring lessons as a given and pushed herself through. Half way through the almost insultingly long lesson, her mind began drifting to how the day had went. She had attended her first day alongside Huey Freeman (her idol), gotten him into trouble, and potentially started some tension between him and one of her best friends. It was as if this day couldn't decide if it wanted to be a good or a bad day. She hated flip flop days like this, either be good or bad, don't be both, that's just confusing.

On the topic of Huey and Kiren, she began thinking of what Huey had said in the library. In the midst of her being joyful due to making him laugh, she seemed to gloss over the fact that he had flat out said that Kiren liked her. Did he? Tahiry wasn't sure if she believed it, like she said earlier Kiren was into fast girls, the type that had sex young and all that other stuff, Tahiry wasn't like that, so he couldn't be into her. However, what if he was? What if, regardless of her clear differences to his exes, Kiren liked her? Well, objectively he was rather attractive, and Tahiry would be lying if she said she never found herself looking over at him with intrigue during gym class, but other than that she was unsure if there were any actual romantic feelings there.

If he asked her out, what would she say?

She groaned, tugging on her two large puffs in agitation, why were boys so complicated!? First Huey and his caged metal padlock heart, then Kiren and his apparent feelings towards her! Tahiry couldn't wait for high school, maybe she'd finally be rid of all of this needless confusion and distraction.

Soon, the bell eventually rung, signifying it was time for the final lesson of the day, Gym. Tahiry got up, grabbed her bag and quickly beelined for the door. She was actually rather excited for gym, she heard they were doing soccer that day, which was her favorite sport. As she walked down, the hall, she was approached by a girl. This girl was really pretty, she was a biracial girl with her her dark brown hair braided in singles, she had dark brown eyes and a broad nose with average sized lips. Tahiry recognized her, it was Zonnique Samuels, one of the cheerleaders she hung out with occasionally.