• 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 •

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘰𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴"

- 𝘒𝘢𝘻𝘶𝘰 𝘐𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘰

~

Granddad had died.

His death was rather sudden, despite being a decently old man, nobody had expected him to drop dead. He was in good health, and was yelling and laughing like normal just the night before. Doctors say it was a peaceful death, that he had passed on in his sleep, the Freeman brothers were able to find peace in knowing he hadn't suffered.

Due to them both being underage, Huey being only 14 and Riley being 12, it was expected that the two would be sent to an orphanage or adoption center, but to the surprise of many, they actually did have family still out there. They had an aunt who lived back in Chicago, so sadly the two had to say goodbye to their friends in Woodcrest and set back to the world they once knew.

Who knew that such a change would lead to such a different perspective?

~

"I can't believe we back in this bitch! I can damn near smell the gun smoke"

"Whatever, get yo suitcase"

"Damn nigga, fuck you got that attitude fo'? We just got here!"

Huey rolled his eyes at Riley's behavior, even with having to deal with the sudden loss Riley hadn't changed in the slightest, he was still the loud mouth 'hood nigga' he'd always been "I ain't got no attitude, now get yo suitcase"

Riley paused, before allowing his face to be overtaken by what could only be described as a shit eating grin "I get it! Yo punk ass is scared that niggas finna get on yo ass! These Chicago niggas ain't been feelin' you since you apparently went boujee!"

"Ain't nobody scared of Cairo"

"Who said anythin' about Cairo?"

Before he could retort, their aunt, Carrie, stuck her head through the front door and smiled "hurry y'all asses up! Unless y'all wanna sleep outside!"

Huey decided it was best to let it go and just bring his suitcase inside, ever since Granddad's death, he had tried to keep his stoic and calm personality, but he was slowly becoming more erratic by the minute. He didn't know it would affect him like this, Huey wasn't used to being so... so... confused.

Riley on the other hand had been coping by pretending it never happened, he'd laugh it off when it was brought up or simply leave the room, he never acknowledged Granddad and he tried his best to keep it back, but like Huey, Riley wasn't sure how to feel, he just didn't get it.