• 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 •

"𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦"Jacquees - You

Jacquees - You

~

The group stared at the two that had just arrived, whilst the woman had an expression of (false) confidence, the girl looked as though she had something better to do with her life than be there. Riley soon came in, questioning why the room had gone so noticeably silent, only to freeze when he saw her. Although he hadn't met his mother before, he just knew instantly that was her, and that the girl beside her was her daughter, their half-sister.

"Hopefully we aren't too late, someone decided to take their sweet time" Jatavia chuckled, which received a glare from the younger one.

"Says the one who spent ages trynna fit in that dress" the girl mumbled, already ready to go home.

Huey watched in surprise when, instead of cussing her out, Jatavia chose to inhale heavily and just accept what was said. The girl, Marise was the first to step forward, she looked at the two boys before seeing one holding a puppy, she then looked into his eyes. Huey noticed two things about her right off the bat, first of all, she looked an uncanny amount like her mother, almost as though Jatavia just copy and pasted her face onto her, second of all, her eyes looked a lot like his. Same dark pupils, same uninterested expression, it was weird, Huey really had a sister.

She put the box down on the chair beside him "here, happy birthday...?"

"Huey" he said politely.

"Oh, cool, I'm Marise"

Although awkward, Huey decided not to take any of the animosity towards his mother out on Marise, it wasn't her fault the woman chose to be a deadbeat, plus now that he knew he actually had a sister, the least he could do was be nice to her.

When Marise put her respective gift down, she looked between the brothers and her mom, before going to sit on the couch, deciding that she didn't want to play any role in the inevitable confrontation that was going to happen.

For the next few minutes, the entire room was dead silent, no one wanting to say anything. Jatavia looked down at both of the boys, resisting the urge to cry, "you two have grown so much, last time I saw y'all you were just little boys..."

"Duh, you left," Huey grumbled, not noticing the rather venomous tone of voice he used "why are you here?" he asked, he just didn't understand. He hadn't seen her in just under thirteen years, why did she all of a sudden feel the need to pop up and make herself known? If she missed them so bad, why didn't she come years ago when they were all alone in her apartment.

His mother looked down at the box she held for a few seconds, before smiling at him "I wanted to bring you a gift, and wish you a happy birthday," she then sighed "I also wanted to apologize"