• 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐚 •

"𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘺 '𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦"O Willow Waly - Ashley Serena

O Willow Waly - Ashley Serena

~

Huey felt very restless that friday night.

He didn't know why, but he had this really bad gut feeling in his stomach, as if something bad was going to happen. He hated it, this feeling was getting in the way of him having a peaceful night's sleep; and if you thought he was irritable on average just imagine how awful he was when he was tired. He stood up in and sighed, he had to clear his head, how exactly he wasn't sure but he just knew that he had to.

He made sure to stay quiet, as to not alert Riley or Carrie that he was leaving; he decided that taking a walk may be the right solution, it may have been almost 1am but who cares? He put on a pair of shoes and grabbed a coat, before slowly and quietly leaving the house.

Ever since he and Valerie got back on good terms, he'd felt... paranoid. He no longer trusted himself anymore, he had discovered that underneath all his standoffish and cold exterior, he was a regular hormonal teenage boy - and that scared him. He didn't want to be that type of guy, the type that thinks purely off of emotion as opposed to logic and reasoning, but that's who he had been lately. He was now waiting, waiting for the very moment it all came crumbling down again, waiting to make a mistake that caused everything he had worked so hard to fix to break in a matter of seconds.

He began walking on eggshells, becoming somewhat of a people pleaser, something he didn't want to be, but deep down he felt like he had to. The old Huey would have looked at current Huey and laughed at him, this wasn't him! Since when did Huey care about what people thought or said about him? Since when did Huey care for people's feelings? Since when did Huey bend over backwards to make people approve of him or his actions? Old Huey would be embarrassed by current Huey's actions.

He sighed, he needed a break.

That's when he realized, he needed a break, an escape, something he could go to when he wanted to cut out the world around him and just think. Just exist, just be; he had so many expectations now, expectations to be a good friend, to be a good boyfriend, to be a good brother. He was tired of expectations, he just wanted a moment where he could relax, where he could be Huey with no expectations of anything. He kept walking, something about feeling the chill of the night air hit his skin, the quiet sounds of cars and the few people still out, it was calming.

He walked towards the park, and looked up at the sky. The stars were visible that night, they were rather pretty, he actually found himself appreciating them quite a bit before he continued to walk; he had no destination in mind, the plan was to just walk until he felt like going home, which he was going to do. Then, he heard something familiar.