• 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 •

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺"Olivia Dean - The Hardest Part

Olivia Dean - The Hardest Part

~

Even if everything were to go wrong in his life, as long as Huey could continue to hear the sound of Dawn singing to him, he would always feel truly happy.

It was a Saturday evening, and the young couple sat together by a tree in the middle of the local park, he had an arm around her, eyes closed and resting his head atop hers as she softly sang a lyric-less melody whilst she strummed her ukulele. This was how a lot of their dates went, minimal conversation, just calm and quiet, enjoying the other's company.

Senior year had been a surprisingly pressuring time, something he never thought he'd have to really go through as an all A Midbrook student, but alas here he was, stressed almost on the daily.

You know what they say, no rest for the wicked.

Huey rolled his eyes, almost audibly telling his conscience to shut up. Anyway, regardless of his stress, at least he had Dawn who could put him at ease almost instantly.

And Valerie, don't forget her.

Of course, Huey couldn't forget Valerie, sure they were sort of on the rocks - again - but she was always one to fill a miserable day with fun, there's no way he'd ever just let her fade to the wasteside.

He looked down at Dawn and smiled. After the breeze that was junior year he wouldn't have expected senior year to he so rough, but at least he had her.

"I love this time of day," Dawn said quietly, her hazel eyes fluttering upwards to look at the orange sky, not too late, but not exactly day time, it's so relaxing,"

"I agree," he said, pulling her in just a little closer, "it's perfect.

Huey would have been content like this, resting by this random tree, comfortably relaxing as his girlfriend sang softly to him; but like his conscience said, no rest for the wicked, before it wasn't long until a familiar set of grey eyes, short curly hair and a wide, shit-eating smirk approached him.

"My my my, what do we have here?"

Kiren.

FUCK!

Deep down inside, Huey was losing it, he had managed to go YEARS without any of his friends knowing about Dawn, and of all the ones to find him out, it had to be his longtern frenemy? At least if it was Caesar he could maybe convince him to keep it quiet, but Kiren? He just knew the other boy was giddy with Joy, he finally had something against Huey.