Powers

I appeared inside the cabin. Sunny jumped out of my arms and I locked the door and put a chair under the handle just in case someone tried to get in. I started pacing, my body shaking, and my thoughts unclear. "What do I do?! It's only a matter of time now! They're all going to hate me! I-I didn't mean to hurt the village! I didn't even know I did anything to harm it! God Varian must hate me!" Tears started spilling down my cheeks and my hands ran through my hair.

My breathing was fast, my body was shaking even more than earlier, I was now sobbing. I collapsed to the ground and let out a scream hoping to get some of these feelings out of my body. I opened my eyes and there was a purple mist surrounding me. I quickly wiped my eyes trying to see what was happening. I looked around and saw the new purple mist covered every inch of the cabin including Sunny. I let out a panicked scream and I watched as the mist became a blood red. "No! Th-this can't happen! Not to Corona! I-I won't allow it!" I yelled and I only saw the blood red mist coming out of my hands faster.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jerked my entire body around to see who it was. I saw a hand and my eyes slowly followed it up to the persons face. In front of me was Demanitis. "D-Demanitis? What's going on?! What's happening to me?! I-I don't want to hurt anybody! I-" He cut me off by placing both of his hands on my shoulders. "You need to calm down (y/n). You don't have control over this power yet. If you don't calm down then I won't be able to snap you out of it." He said in a calming voice, it helped me relax slightly. The red mist stopped flowing from my hands, but it was still in the air. "Listen to me (y/n). What you've been told is true." "I burned down the entire village?!" With that the blood red mist appeared again. "Calm down." Demanitis said in an even softer voice. He told me to take deep breathes and I did.

We both stayed silent for awhile. I started to calm down more, and the red mist dissipated, but the purple mist took its place. I hugged my knees to my chest trying to find some sort of comfort. "You are very powerful, (y/n). More powerful than most witches and demons. But you're at a disadvantage. You don't know how to control your powers. You can control a few, yes, but you never learned how to use them when you were young." I looked up at him and nodded. "How do I learn to control this?" "That's for you to figure out on your own." He said smiling down at you softly. I nodded and looked at the ground. Soon a familiar blue mist filled the cabin.

"You need to stop bottling your magic." "Bottling my magic?" I asked Demanitis. He nodded. "When the demon possessed you, you unconsciously hid all of your magic inside of yourself. You hid it where the demons couldn't find it. Slowly but surely you're starting to release it. You're protected now. You mustn't be afraid of yourself any longer." He said staring down at me. "I'll do my best." I said with a soft smile. "I must go. Your friends will be here any second. I'll see you next month, (y/n)." I nodded and waved as I watched him vanish.

Not long after there were soft knocks at my door before the handle jerked. "(Y/n)!? Please open the door!" I heard Varian say from outside the door. I looked at the chair and raised my hand aiming at the chair. I moved my hand to the side and the chair was removed and the door was unlocked. The door flung open and I heard various people coughing from the mist consuming the inside of the cabin. Varian was the first to step foot inside. I simply looked down at the ground waiting for them to yell at me, call me a filthy witch, maybe even send me to be hung in the courtyard in the morning, but I never expected what happened next.

I was engulfed in a huge hug. First it was only Varian who was hugging me before I felt more and more arms around me. I started crying into Varian's apron. "I-I'm s-so sorry! I didn't mean to burn down the village! I-I don't know what happened!" I kept repeating I was sorry and I felt Varian run his hands through my hair.

Eventually everyone pulled away and I was wiping away my tears whispering I'm sorry's every now and then. I felt a hand on top of my head and I looked up. Eugene, Rapunzel, Cassandra, and Varian were all there. "Kiddo you don't have to apologize." Eugene crouched down in front of me. "We all know that you didn't mean for it to happen. You're a great kid, (y/n). And an accident isn't going to change that." He said giving me a warm smile. "B-but I destroyed an entire village. I hurt countless people!" I said looking back down. There was a hand under my chin that carefully lifted it back up. "We know you didn't want anything bad to happen. Heck Varian told us that you can't even remember doing it. Even so, you've changed. You're a kind and sweet girl! We know you wouldn't try to hurt any of us." Cass said with a soft smile. I nodded and wiped a few more tears off my cheeks. "Thank you." I said looking up at all of them. This only caused them to hug me again.

Everyone left after awhile, except Varian. We were sitting in a comfortable silence. "Sapphires?" I asked while looking up from my book at him. He was playing with Sunny and I couldn't help but smile. "Yes milady?" "I just wanted to say thank you for not leaving me or being upset with me." I said softly. He turned to face me. "Why would I leave and forget about you when you can't even remember doing anything like that? Whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me!" He said smiling at me. I smiled back. "I don't plan on letting you get away that easily." We both laughed. 'This is nice.'