Comfy

I slightly woke up to knocking and scratching at my door, but I'm so comfy and warm. I snuggled back into whatever made my bed so warm. I took a deep breathe and I smelled metal and what seemed to be chemicals. Surprisingly it was incredibly calming. I almost fell back asleep when I heard my door slam open. I groaned and snuggled closer.

"Yeah so I'm going to feel bad for waking them up so that's on you buddy." I heard a deep voice say in a soft tone. I heard another sigh. I felt a hand on my head gently rubbing it. "Kids you have to wake up. Don't make me drop the cat on you!" Someone whisper yelled. I felt movement underneath my body and I groaned holding onto whatever it was tighter. "Eugene? Lance? What are you doing here?" I rough yet familiar morning voice said from under me. "When we woke up Red and Angry were gone with Rapunzel's crown. We found this on Red's pillow, and we need help tracking them down." I felt more movement underneath me. "Hold on I'm not a flower expert." With that I felt a hand in my hair again. I opened my eyes and looked up. I saw Varian's blue eyes right in front of me. "Do you know where they can find the girls?" He asked holding a flower in front of me. I stared at it for a few seconds before getting up only now realizing that I was right on top of Varian. I rubbed my eyes and put my shoes on not forgetting to pet Sunny. I placed my wand on the inside of my boot.

"What is she doing?" Eugene said. I heard my bed creak signaling that Varian got up. "She's going to show us where they maybe went." Varian handed me the flower and bent down slightly in front of me. I jumped on his back and we left my home.

Varian was still carrying me and I was running my hands through his hair and messing with his goggles every now and then. "Hey sapphires, check it out." I put his goggles on myself and cleared my throat. "Magic? No no no no. I only deal with science. Alchemy to be exact. Thing I love the most? Alchemy. If I could get married right this second who would I marry? Alchemy." Lance, Eugene, and I were laughing. "Haha very funny (y/n) but I don't sound like that." Varian said and I could practically feel him rolling his eyes. "I don't know kid she was pretty spot on. She can do your voice very well." Lance said. "Why thank you Lance. I thought my performance was spot on as well." With that I placed his goggles back on his head.

"I'm not afraid to drop you." He said smugly. "Oh yeah? Do it and see what happens sapphires." There was a few moments of silence before I didn't feel Varian's arms under my legs. I fell and let out a small scream before I felt his arms under my legs again. I could only hear everyone laughing. "Sapphires what the hell?!" He looked back at me slightly smirking but still laughing. "I wanted to see what the all powerful witch would do if I dropped her." "One day I'm going to put a sour jar somewhere in your lab and then we'll see who's laughing." He gently put me back on the ground and I started walking next to him.

"Oh please milady. You love me to much to ever do such a thing." I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know sapphires. Feelings can change." I said smirking at him. We all jumped at the sounds of screaming. "The girls!" I said before taking off to where the screams were coming from. I could hear the others behind me.

I hid behind a bush and the other guys joined me. "Weasel. I'd recognize that smell anywhere." Eugene said while he was right next to me. We all watched as the girls struggled against the men holding them. "The girls have been running from the Baron." "They're in more trouble than I thought. So what do we do?" Lance said looking worriedly at the girls. "The two of us are outnumbered. Kids what about you?" Lance asked us. "I don't have anything on me. I don't bring anything when I visit (y/n)." Varian said. I pulled out my wand from my boot. "I can magic them out." Eugene shook his head.

"No I'm not letting you do that. Weasel will be after you. He'll really try to take you back to the Barron and I won't let that happen." Eugene said glaring at Weasel. "Aww someone's being overprotective of me!" I said smiling up at him. "I agree with Eugene. I don't want to lose you to a guy who has a bigger nose than big nose." Varian said and I had to cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing too hard.

"We can try the heave ho, a bob and weave, a shoehorn sam, a lucky 18?" Lance said naming all kinds of different thief attacks. "No! No tricks! The girls could get hurt." Eugene said. "What, so we just ask weasel to let go of the girls real nicely? Last time I checked, we were on his boss's most wanted list, too." Lance asked. "Well let's hope that that's still the case." With that we watched Eugene walk out of the bush with Lance following after. I was about to follow when Varian grabbed my shoulder and held his finger to his lips telling me to be quiet.

"Anthony the weasel! Are people still calling you the weasel? I mean if you can't change the face why change the name right?" Varian and I watched as Lance and Eugene approached them with their arms up. "Rider and Strongbow. To what do I owe this most dubious pleasure?" The weasel asked approaching both of them. "Sapphires what should we do?" I whispered to him. "Once the girls are safe then we go in. We don't want any risk to come to them." He said staring at the scene unfolding before us.

We watched as both of the girls ran to hug Lance and Eugene. We watched as the girls ran away. Soon Eugene and Lance were cuffed and inside the caravan. Varian and I followed close behind waiting and trying to devise a plan. "Can you pick a lock sapphires?" I asked only to have him shake his head no. "We're running out of time Sapphires! Just let me use-" he cut me off turning to face me. "No you're not taking down all of them by yourself! And I'm not losing you to some bandits!" He whisper yelled. Suddenly I felt a weight on my back and a hand cover my mouth. "Don't panic! It's us!" I heard angry whisper to me. I looked over and saw Red on Varian's back.

"What's the plan girls?" I asked them knowing full well that they'd have an idea of what to do. "We have a plan but lover boy needs to be okay with you being involved." Angry said getting off my back. "Yeah lover boy let me kick some bandit butt!" I said smiling at him. I saw him roll his eyes and nod.

I went with angry and helped her up into the trees. She dropped the tiara in front of the drivers and we watched as they got up and tried to pick it up. Angry jumped down and put a bag over their heads. I pointed my wand and a purple mist covered the men and they floated up to where they were hanging upside down from a tree. Varian and red jumped onto the men on horses and managed to cover Weasel with a bag. I saw how Varian and her dodged the other man. I pointed my wand at the keys and sent them to angry.

A man came up behind me and grabbed one of my arms. I watched as a red mist left my wand and surrounded my body. I felt my eyes roll back into my head and everything went dark. All I couldn't hear a thing either. I felt my wand leave my hands but I still felt the same powerful feeling covering my body. I raised one of my hands up slowly only to throw it back towards the ground.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my cheek and I felt my eyes roll back forward. I blinked a few times to regain my focus and I saw Varian smiling at me and holding onto the side of my face. I glanced behind him and saw the man face first into the ground. "D-did I do that?" I asked with my eyes wide. "You did." "I-is he okay?" I asked as my eyes started glancing all over in a panic. Varian simply held my face with both hands and I heard a groan from the man on the ground. "He's fine milady. Are you okay?" I slowly nodded before feeling two people hug me. I looked down and saw Red and Angry.

"That was so awesome what you did!!! You have to show us how you did that!" Angry said letting go of me. "The man was all like 'rawr!' And you were like 'psshhh'" she said while holding up a stick. "And then the guy knocked your wand out of your hand! And your eyes were like!" She said while trying to roll her eyes back. "And then he was raised up and smashed back into the ground!!!" I could only stare at her before Eugene and Lance took her away along with red. I rubbed my face while looking at the ground.

I felt a hand on my jaw and slowly lift my head up. I was looking right into Varian's eyes. "Varian. What if I'm never able to control myself? What if something happens and I end up destroying Corona?!" I asked as I ran my hands through my hair. "Hey sweetie, I know you'd never do that. And you only seem to do anything like that as self defense. Maybe you could ask your spirit guide or whatever it is to train you. Maybe I can help you too!" He said holding my hands. "Besides according to Angry it was the coolest thing she's ever seen. So once you gain control over it you could make it into a party trick." He said smirking at me. I shoved his shoulder and laughed. "Witchcraft isn't a party trick Sapphires! That's like calling alchemy a fancy board game!" He simply laughed.