Secret Plans

(Y/n)'s POV:

The cage I was kept in was pushed behind the stage and Eugene and Lance we untied. Eugene went up to the cage bars and held them as he stared down at me. "Don't worry. Everything going to be okay." He said and I could tell he was saying it to me as much as he was saying it to himself. I looked over at Lance and saw him getting worse by the second.

I heard loud trumpets and we all turned our heads to listen to what Anthony was going to say. "Alright! Shut your faces and listen up, you scum. The Baron has something he'd like to say." He said and I watched as Baron walked out onto the makeshift stage. "People of Vardaros, I bring you cause for celebration. A glint of joy into your otherwise meaningless and pitiful lives. My people will be collecting gifts for the occasion from each of you."

I watched as Eugene crotched in front of Lance. "Hang in there, buddy. I'm gonna get you out of this. I'll get both of you out." He said and he looked up at me and I nodded and offered him a soft smile. "I-if it makes you feel better, this isn't my first time being captured." I said letting out an awkward laugh.

"Wow! You should see all the people out there!" Stalyan said as she peaked through the curtain. "Stalyan, come on. This is stupid." Eugene said and I honestly haven't seen him this serious before in my life. "I know it is. I told my dad the spider was unnecessary, but you know bad guys. They have such a flair for drama." She said brushing the entire situation as if it was a daily occurrence.

"That's not what I meant." Eugene said glaring at her causing her to smirk. "I know what you meant." "Stalyan, I can't do this! I'm in love with someone else!" He said and her smirk only grew. "Yeah, I know. We've all heard the story by now. How the daring ne'er-do-well thief rescued the lost princess from her tower. Let me ask you. Do you really think it's fair to ask a girl who spent the first 18 years of her life in prison to give up her freedom for a lifelong relationship with someone like you?" She said and I glared at her.

"You're wrong!" I said letting the orange mist cover the entirety of my arms as well as the cuffs. Eugene and Stalyan both turned their attention to me. "Rapunzel and Eugene would do anything for each other! And that includes waiting until the other is ready for that kind of commitment!" I yelled as I pulled at the loop that kept my cuffs bound to the bottom of the cage. "(Y/n), please stop. It's not worth it." Eugene said sadly and that only made me more upset.

The mist started floating through the bars of the cage and I kept pulling at the loop. The Baron's men started to surround the cage one by one as I kept pulling. After a few tugs I was able to make it snap causing me to fall backwards against the bars of the cage. I looked down and saw that my hands were somewhat free again. I calmed down and the orange mist stopped. The men started to pull their weapons out to me and I moved as far away from each of them as I could.

"Alright boys, I'm sure you've scared her enough." Stalyan said making them drop their weapons to their sides. "I am pleased to announce the re-engagement of my daughter, Stalyan." Baron said and I watched as she walked through the curtain. "And her fiancé, Flynn Rider." Eugene turned to look at me apologetically before walking through the curtain.

I wasn't able to hear anything else for a few moments when suddenly a sword went through the bars and the dull part of the blade touched my neck. I looked through the open curtain to see a familiar head of golden hair and a hooded figure with a raccoon on their shoulders. The hooded figure lifted their head slightly and I locked eyes with a pair of blue orbs.

'Varian.' I watched as his eyes widened before they glared at the person holding the sword to my throat. The curtain closed and the sword was removed from my throat. I glared at the man as he put his sword away and I felt something run against my leg. I looked down and saw Sunny. I looked around me and made sure no one was paying attention. Sunny crawled up onto my legs and rubbed his forehead against my chin.