Entering the Forest

I held on tightly to Eugene as he ran along with the others with me on his back. "U-uh, (Y/n), now would be a good time to use your magic!" Cassandra said while running and I squinted my eyes as I turned my head to look at the wolves chasing us. I raised one of my arms towards the wolves, my head was pounding, my vision was blurry, and I felt like I was going to vomit. I tried to shake the sick feeling and watched as a very small amount of orange mist surrounded my hand. Bile started to crawl up my throat and I used my extended hand to cover my mouth to prevent myself from vomiting.

"They're gaining on us!" Rapunzel yelled and I held as tight as I could to Eugene. "What are these things?!" Cassandra yelled. "Don't worry! It's just a pack of Slayer Wolves. Hold on tight kiddo, I have to use my hands for a second." Eugene said and I nodded tightening my grip as much as I could. "Slayer wolves?! You're seriously telling us not to worry about something that is called slayer wolves?!" Varian yelled and I could hear the panic in his voice. Eugene then shook something next to my ears and I groaned as it made my head throb.

"Come on! This way! Hold this for me will ya?" Eugene said and he handed me something. I couldn't make out what it was since my vision was going in and out still. "Dead end! We're goners! Aw, please, wolves, don't eat me! I'm so chewy! Oh, who am I kidding? I'm probably moist and delicious." Lance said and I felt whatever was in my hands be pulled out of it.

"It's not a dead end, Lance. It's just got good acoustics. Cover your ears kiddo." Eugene said and I did as he said. My vision started to come back as I watched the wolves run away. Varian and Rapunzel approached the two of us and Varian helped me off of Eugene's back. "Ah, ha! That was incredible, Eugene!" Rapunzel yelled as she jumped onto Eugene. "Oh, man, Eugene is back and better than ever!" Lance yelled out. "Yeah! You're king of the wild!" Hookfoot said.

"You okay, milady?" Varian asked as he held my face in one of his hands and the other was around my waist holding me up. "I-I feel like I'm gonna pass out or vomit. Maybe both." I said as I placed my head on his shoulder. He quickly picked me up onto his back. "Alright everybody, let's hit the road!" Eugene said and we headed back to the caravan.

We were back on the road and I was starting to feel better. My vision was back, but I still had a throbbing headache. Varian and I were sitting on the roof of the caravan with Lance, Shorty, and Hookfoot. While, Cassandra, Rapunzel, and Eugene were sitting at the reigns. "Eh, anybody who's spent time in the woods knows that slayer wolves have extremely sensitive hearing." Eugene said and Varian ran his fingers through my hair while my head was resting on his lap.

"See that teamwork? I distract them by pretending to cry while you chase them off!" Lance said laughing before he quietly said thank you to Eugene. "None of this would've even happened if Varian and (Y/n) hadn't run off to go experiment on something." Cassandra said as she sent us a glare. "How was I supposed to know there were going to be slayer wolves?" Varian grumbled to himself. "You doing okay up there, (Y/n)?" Rapunzel asked and I nodded. "What makes it worse is that I have no idea how long this is going to last. And thank you Eugene for saving my butt back there." I said as I snuggled more into Varian's lap.

"I just did what had to be done. Now come on, I'll show you how to extract drinking water from a tree trunk!" Eugene said before we all looked up to see a large swamp. "Okay so the black rocks have led us to a swamp. But on the bright side...I was hoping someone would finish that sentence for me, this place is terrible." Eugene said and they all got off the caravan except for Varian and I.

Shorty started filling up his canteen with the swamp water and I scrunched my nose at the thought of drinking swamp water. "I'm surprised you're not down there getting swamp water for your spells and potions." Varian said in a teasing tone and I rolled my eyes. "Just because I use rain water, moon water, sun water, and more doesn't mean I need swamp water." I said and we both shivered in disgust as we watched Shorty actually drink the water.

Gut Feelings (Varian x Witch!Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara