Mirror Image

"Okay, if we're gonna get our real friends back, we have to know who to trust. So, I have to conduct some tests to prove there are no more impostors." Rapunzel said. "Hold on, you're going to conduct the tests?" Cassandra said and I nodded. "Yeah! That's not fair unless we are able to test you as well." I said and Rapunzel nodded. "You're right. How do you wanna test me?" She asked excited and Varian quickly pushed a plate of food in front of her. "The real Princess Rapunzel can find the art in even the dullest situations." Varian said and Eugene nodded. "Turn it into something beautiful." Eugene said and Rapunzel went right into it.

Food was sent flying everywhere as she got her hands dirty with every piece of food on the table. "And...voila!" She said revealing her masterpiece. "A diorama of Corona. I am impressed. But any respectable artist would be able to create a completely edible replica-Ahh!" Eugene said and we all gasped as she squished Uncle Monty. "Not Uncle Monty!" I said pouting at his squished form. "Yeah, that's her." Cassandra said and determination covered Rapunzel's face. "Now, who's next?"

"Okay, Pascal, show me the colors of the Corona flag." Rapunzel said and he quickly changed to purple with the sun crest on his chest. "Good. Now how about the color of a bimberry?" He changed to a magenta color and I giggled. "Ooh! Now do the color that Lance turned when he got poisoned by that spider bite!" Eugene said and I laughed as Pascal did it perfectly with the right expression and all. "You know, I'm not even the real Lance, but that's messed up." The fake Lance said and my eyes lit up. "Oh! Turn the color of the element that Varian made for Cass!" I said and Pascal turned into the deep purple of the element. "Awesome!" I said and turned to Varian to expect him to have a soft embarresed blush on his cheeks to see they were how they normally look. 'Strange. Whenever I bring that up he blushes and tell me that it's embarrassing and not to bring it up.'

"Alright, rapid fire! Old Lady Crowley. (Y/n)! Ulf! Ulf's favorite color! My favorite color! Oh! That's right! Because all of them are equally amazing in their own way!" Rapunzel said and Pascal started panting exhausted from the color changing. "He's the real Pascal! Next test. (Y/n) how do you feel about helping me with this next one?" Rapunzel asked and I stood up from my seat. "Ready whenever you are!" I said and she looked at Sunny who was asleep on the ground. "Only the real Sunny could survive being hit with something or dropped from a great height." Rapunzel said and I nodded picking up a couple of extremely sharp knives. "Kitty! Come here Sunny!" I called out and Sunny woke up and glared at me. He stretched before sitting in front of me and licking his paws. "We have to conduct a few tests to see which of us are real and not. Do I have your permission to use these?" I asked showing him the weapons in my hand and he nodded standing up and revealing his belly to me.

I smiled at him and threw the knives at him one by one. All of the knives landed in him, and he wasn't moving. "Oh my god...(Y/n)...did you kill him?" Varian asked and I rolled my eyes. "I did not kill my cat. He's just faking it. Aren't you Sunny?" I asked and I heard a meow and something rubbing against my leg. I looked down and saw Sunny next to me with the knives sticking out of him. "Okay...looks like that's the real Sunny." Rapunzel said and I started pulling the knives out carefully.

The next test was simple questioning. Eugene was sitting in the chair and Rapunzel paced in front of him. "Okay, Eugene, just a couple of questions." Rapunzel said. "Fire away, Blondie." He said actually excited for this. "First, what is Maximus' favorite food?" "Apples!" "What is Pete the Guard's middle name?" "The! Also, Stan's middle name." "Correct." "Damn their middle names are The? I never would have gotten that right." I said softly to Varian and he laughed. "Now, which of these posters is an accurate representation of the real Eugene Fitzherbert, aka Flynn Rider?" Rapunzel asked holding up two identical wanted posters. "Ooh...trick question! No artist can accurately capture all of this." Eugene said gesturing to himself and Rapunzel smiled. "That's Eugene!" She said, but I still had my doubts. "(Y/n), your turn!" Eugene said and I nodded.