Zodiacs

We broke the kiss and stared at each other for awhile before Sunny started meowing and scratching at the door. "Oh!" I said leaving his arms only for Varian to grab ahold of my hand. "Oh?" He asked. "Yeah! Cmon I have something to show you." With that I opened the door and walked out with Varian walking next to me holding my hand. I lead him to the boarder of the meadow where the single black rock was. "They're showing up here now?" Varian asked as he walked up to the rock. "This is the only one I've seen over here. But it doesn't seem to have formed like the others. This one stops completely at the barrier and even curves with it." I said pointing to the shape of the rock. "I just thought it was strange how perfectly it lined up with the barrier, and I know you've been looking into them for Punz."

Varian nodded and placed his goggles over his eyes getting a better look at the rock. He moved up to the very top point before feeling it with his hands. He quickly placed his goggles back on his forehead before grabbing my hand pulling me over to look at the edge. "What does the angle look like to you?" He asked. I stared at it for awhile. "It honestly looks like the end has been chipped off, but that can't be because these rocks are indestructible." "Exactly!!!" Varian said moving to the other side of the rock. "Something has been able to chip at the rock which means it is breakable at least a little bit. We just need to figure out what makes it breakable." Varian said as he thought for a few moments.

"You use protection spells and things all around the meadow right?" I nodded as I watched the gears turn in his head. "Can you expand the spell at all?" He asked staring at the rock. "Keeping an area like this protected is hard enough. I've tried expanding multiple times, but every time I have it lasts for a few days, then comes right back to where it was. I don't think the meadow wants to expand so it stays how it is." I said staring down at the evident line of toadstools that boarders the meadow.

"Not all of this protection is my own. When I arrived there was still a similar boarder, but wasn't a toadstool ring. You could just see a lighter colored grass than the one outside the meadow. Not all of this magic is mine so I can't even try to replicate it." I told him as I knew he'd ask me to try again. "Someone's magic was here way before mine was. And they're a lot more powerful than I am." I watched as he nodded with his hand on his chin thinking. I heard him sigh as he glanced up at me. "You'll let me know the second more rocks form right?" He asked. "Of course I will sapphires."

I watched as Varian examined the rocks and answered any questions he has. After awhile he finally walked away from the rocks. "So what do you think?" I asked hugging him from behind. He sighed. "These rocks are just getting more and more out of hand. I'm not really sure what else to do." Varian said while rubbing his face with his gloved hands. "You'll figure out what to do. And if you need me you know where I am." I said smiling and hugging him tighter. He turned around and kissed my cheek. "Why thank you milady." I giggled and I started pulling him away from the rocks and back to the cabin.

I looked up at the sky and noticed that it was getting dark. "Hey sapphires?" He turned back to look at me. "Yes milady?" "It's getting dark shouldn't you be heading home?" He put his hand on his chest. "Wow you just want me to leave that badly?" He said with a fake hurt tone. I pushed him slightly. "You know that's not what I meant!" "I don't know. I'm so hurt by this. I don't think you could ever make it up to me." He said putting his hand across his forehead dramatically. I laughed and opened my door. "Well if I can never make it up then I might as well not try." I said smirking at him and holding the door open for him. He looked at me shocked. "Well played milady, well played." He said before walking inside.

"To answer your question, no I thought I could spend the night here with you if that's alright." I smiled and kissed his cheek causing them to dust with pink. "Of course! When it gets dark enough we can star gaze! I think the meadow has the best view for it!" I said grabbing a blanket. Before pausing to look up at him. "I-if thats alright with you of course." Varian simply laughed. "Anything for you milady."

We waited until it was dark enough to head outside. Varian helped me with the blanket and we laid on it facing the stars. "Do you know any constellations sapphires?" "I know the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper." I couldn't help but laugh. "You only know those two?" "In my defense, I'm either in my lab or sleeping so I've never even thought about looking at the stars." I giggled and stared up at the stars. "There are constellations that have their own stories and then you have the zodiac constellations. What's your sign Sapphires?" I asked turning my head to face him.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He said facing me with a soft smile. I giggled. "What's your birthday?" "March 24th." (Look I did some research and it looks like people just agreed that that is his b-day please don't come for me lmao) "That actually makes a lot of sense. You're an Aries." I said looking back up at the stars. "I'm an Aries? And why does it make sense?" He asked turning onto his side to face me. I turned and did the same. "Aries are practically defined by their passion and energy towards their passions. It doesn't take much for them to be motivated and stay motivated. For example, you with alchemy. You're incredibly passionate about it! And I admire that a lot in you! You always work as hard as you can to get the outcome you want. And if it doesn't work out you keep going. It's one of the things I love about you." I said smiling at him.

He was blushing slightly. "What's your zodiac sign?" "My birthday is (b-day) so that would make me a (z/s)." He looked at me with wide eyes. "I thought you didn't remember your birthday?" "Rapunzel only asked if I celebrated it, not if I remember it." I said shrugging my shoulders. We continued to talk and stare at the stars. I would point out constellations and he would ask the story behind them. Somehow we even ended up cuddled up against each other.

"It's getting cold. We should probably head inside." Varian said. I sat up and got off of Varian, and held my hand to help him up. We both went back inside the cabin. We both took our shoes off, and Varian removed his gloves and apron. I was rubbing my eyes softly as watched Varian pulled the blankets from my bed out before looking up at me. He simply smiled up at me. "If you were tired you could've told me and we could've come in sooner." "But I was really comfy." I said looking down with a soft blush covering my cheeks.

Varian sat on the bed and took my hand getting me to lay down on the bed as well. I closed my eyes facing him. I felt his now ungloved hand around my waist pulling me closer to him. My head was now against his collar bones and I took a deep breath relaxing into him. I felt one of his hands gently running through my hair before a gentle kiss was placed on my head. With that I fell asleep.