Portals

I opened my eyes and in front of me was a large black tree. 'This...I've seen this before...' I said to myself while staring up at it. I looked around me and saw stands with brushes and paint. There were three people that I didn't recognize painting. 'One of mothers stories!' I ran up to the tree trunk and placed my hand against it. A soft blue light rose once my hand made contact. I quickly removed my hand. 'S-she can't be a skin walker...no skin walker would want anything to do with this...I have to stop this!' I frantically looked around me. 'How can I wake myself up?! I have to wake up now or it'll be too late!' I stared at the tree trunk and then at my hand. '...maybe...' I placed one of my hands on the burnt tree bark. I slowly and carefully laid my forehead on the tree. The blue light filled my eyes and I shut them tight.

I shot up from where I was sitting and looked around me. I was in Varian's room. I looked down and heard him groan as he rubbed his eyes before opening them. When his eyes met mine they widened along with a smile on his face. He tackled me down onto the bed causing me to groan. "You're awake!" He said in a groggy morning voice as he hugged me close to him. "Why wouldn't I be awake?" I asked and ran my hands through his hair. He pulled away so he was hovering over me. "Y/n) you've been asleep for 3 days." My eyes widened and I sat up causing our foreheads to hit each other. We both groaned and rubbed our foreheads. "Okay three days. If I'm just waking up then there's still time!" I got out of the bed and was pulled back by my hand. I looked at Varian. "Still time for what?" I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

"When I went to get those things for you there was this old lady and she just gave off this weird bad feeling to me. I thought she was a skin walker, but she's so much worse. She's going to try and free Zhan Tiri. She's trying to free the demon that could possibly mean the end of everything as we know." I said as I started pacing back and forth. "God I told Rapunzel that something was wrong with her!" I said running my hands through my hair again.

"Wait you saw Rapunzel?" Varian asked and I nodded. "Oh shit! Rapunzel is the last person she needs!" I quickly gave Varian a peck on the lips. "I love you. I'll be back soon!" I waved my hand over my head. I heard him shouting at me to wait, but I was already gone. I appeared in front of the tree.

The tree was glowing pink and a portal was starting to open. "Oh you are just a terrible teacher!" I heard Eugene say behind me. "Let her go Sugarby!" I heard Cass say as well. "Please Sugarby was merely the vessel I chose to suit my purpose." The old lady turned into a green colored ghost...demon...I'm not entirely sure what it is actually.

"I am Sugarcha the Eternal, and I can take many forms." She said. "Uh any chance we can stick with the sweet old lady form? Cause I'm missing her already!" Eugene said. I felt anger rising in me and an Orange mist covered my hands. "Eugene get Rapunzel to snap out of it." Cass said before charging at Sugarcha. "I'll handle the witch!" She yelled and I rolled my eyes. "Again with the whole witch thing?! Cmon you could at least call her by what she is!" I said crossing my arms at her.

"Fine! Then what exactly is she?!" Cassandra yelled back to me. "While in her time she was a witch now she's just a ghost with unfinished business. She never got to see Zhan Tiri take over the world and now she is able to help her master." I yelled as I watched Cass and Eugene got hit by her magic.

I turned to face Sugarcha and she was already sending the green lighting towards me. I used the Orange mist around me to hold off, but she wasn't letting up. "So the little witch has come to play with her destiny! This will be a marvelous day for Zhan Tiri!" She said as she laughed maniacally. Her magic surrounded me and I was lifted up into the air with Eugene and Cass. They both were moved over the cliff while I was face to face with Zhan Tiri and the portal. "Well way to handle the witch Cassandra." Eugene said and I rolled my eyes. "You were supposed to help Rapunzel!" Cass yelled back at him. "Now is not the time to point fingers!" I closed my eyes and I felt warmth surrounding me. I opened my eyes and the green magic was no longer on my body. I raised both of my hands to the portal and it became a mix of pink and Orange.

"You both need to get yourselves and Rapunzel out of here! I'll try to keep the portal from opening more! But hurry!" I yelled to them. I stayed focused on the portal and it slowly started closing. Pain was running through my entire body, but I didn't let it distract me. In the distance I could here Sugarcha trying to convince Rapunzel that finishing the painting was the best choice.

As she kept talking the portal started opening more. "No!" I yelled and I felt the green magic consume my body once more. I struggled to move and my body ached more than ever. I gritted my teeth and the orange that was still around my hands flickered red. I could hear Zhan Tiri's voice now in front of me. It was a lot deeper than all the other times I had heard it. "That's it. There's nothing else you can do sweetie. You will be mine to control and I will use you to bring down every inch of Corona!" I was loud in my ears and my body shook.

"Rapunzel you've got to stop! I know you can hear me. Please!" Eugene yelled and the mist surrounding my hands turned completely red. "Difficult choices are what make us who we are." I heard Rapunzel say and I smiled. 'She's back!' I watched as the red mist became an orange flame that surrounded my body. I felt my wind around me as I fell to the ground. I landed and stood up facing the tree. It was in a bright pink flame before it was reduced to nothing but ashes. I watched as one of the horses came and kicked Sugarcha into the portal. I raised my hands to the portal and closed it. I fell to my knees as I watched Rapunzel run towards Eugene and Cass.

Rapunzel started slipping and I ran to her. I held onto her waist and tried to pull her back, but we were still slipping. Rapunzel kicked off her shoes and Max grabbed ahold of my shirt pulling us all back. "Cmon! Pull!" Rapunzel yelled as we did. They were now safe up on the cliff. I watched as Rapunzel and Eugene hugged each other and shared a kiss.

"It's good to have you back Blondie." Eugene said. "It's good to be back!" Rapunzel said. "I don't know about you all, but I think that next time I say something doesn't feel right maybe you all should listen. Or at least dig a little deeper into it. Because you know it might save us all from having to deal with something like this later on." I said crossing my arms at them. Rapunzel simply laughed and gave me a hug. "Thank you for helping us. I'll be sure to listen to you next time." She said and I smiled up at her hugging her back. My eyes widened and I pulled away from the hug.

"Sorry guys I have to go! I left Sapphires without even an explanation of what was happening! I'll see you later! Bye!" I said and I waved my hand over my head. I reappeared in front of Varian's front door. I walked inside and saw him carrying a few things. He kept walking around seemingly scatterbrained. "Sapphires what are you doing?" I asked giggling as he continued to grab various things. "Not now milady! I have to go out and find where (y/n) went." He said not even looking up at me. I couldn't help but laugh. "Sapphires!" He stopped what he was doing and looked up at me before hugging me and spinning me around.

He gently placed me back on the ground. "Where have you been?!" He asked while placing one of his hands on my cheek. I rubbed the back of my neck. "To make a king story short I-I went to help Rapunzel and the others from letting a demon into our world." I heard him sigh before he pulled me back into a hug. "Promise me you won't just up and leave me like that again?" He said softly into my ear. I hugged him back. "I promise." We pulled away and I saw Sunny come into the room and look up at me expectantly.

"I know I know! I lost you won. Sugarby wasn't a skin walker. Now I have to do 3 full days of witchcraft without distractions." I said petting his head. "Skin walkers are theoretically impossible milady." Varian said from behind me. I turned to him and kissed his cheek. "We'll talk about that more tomorrow. Right now I'm exhausted." I said and before I knew it Varian was pulling me into his room and onto his bed. I curled up into him and closed my eyes. I felt Varian kiss my temple and with that I fell fast asleep.