Missing

Varian's POV: (we will get to see inside of the mind of our favorite alchemist!!!)

"Just a few more and maybe we'll have enough to last us through the day." I said as I picked apples from the trees a little ways out from the camp. I placed the apples in the basket that (Y/n) brought with us and picked it up, heading back to camp.

As I was walking I saw something black and white running towards me. "Ruddiger?" I asked and he tackled me to the ground causing me to drop the basket and fall backwards. "R-Ruddiger?!" I asked again as he ran around my chest. I grabbed him and held him out as I looked into his eyes. "Buddy calm down. What's going on?"

He started chittering and pointed back towards the direction of the camp. I put him down on the ground and he ran up my body again and started running back towards the camp. 'Something must be wrong!' I picked up (Y/n)'s basket and started running after Ruddiger. "Ruddiger! Wait up!" I yelled as i ran after him.

I made it back to the camp out of breath and I looked around the camp. Once I realized that nothing was wrong with it I calmed down. "Ruddiger don't scare me like that!" I said panting and put my hands on my knees. "Ugh I'm gonna have a heart attack one day because of you." I said and Sunny walked over to me.

He walked in between my legs and stared up at me. He stared at me for a few seconds before he went behind me and started pushing his forehead against the back of my legs. I pet behind his ears and he hissed at me making me pull my hand away. "Well if you don't want to be pet, what do you want?" I asked only to be pushed forward by both Sunny and Ruddiger.

Sunny moved so he was in front of me and meowed over and over again started to walk off in a direction. 'The only reason he would be acting this way is if...oh no.' I thought to myself and my eyes widened. "S-Sunny, is (Y/n) in trouble?!" I asked and he nodded and I quickly wrapped one of the cloaks around me and pulled the hood over my head.

I grabbed my staff and faced back towards Sunny. "Take me to her." I said and he nodded before starting to run off with me and Ruddiger not far behind. We ran all the way to the other side of the city. As we reached the end of the city we were met with a large white building.

"Okay, so, we can put together that her card trick plan didn't work out. W-we just have to find out where she is in there and get her out." I said thinking out loud and pacing back and forth. "Think, Varian, think!" I said to myself before I looked at Ruddiger and Sunny. "I need you two to go in there and find out where she is." I said and the both nodded before running off and leaving me alone.

I hid behind a few of the bushes that were outside and waited for them to return. "I still can't believe you proposed to her again! And she still said no." "You really aren't making me feel better about this whole situation, you know that? First, that, then, the weird girl, and now, we have the weasel taking us who knows where!" I heard a couple of familiar voices and my eyes widened.

I peaked around the bush I was behind and I saw two people I never wanted to see any time soon. 'Eugene and Lance.' I felt my eyes harden as I stared as they walked tied up by a familiar man. 'He's the one that tried taking the girls. He must have been the one to take (Y/n).' I thought to myself as I watched them leave my sight.

"Eugene and Lance are here. That means the princess is here, and the king wouldn't let her leave the castle without some sort of protection, so Cassandra is most likely with her." I glanced between the city and where (Y/n) was taken multiple times. "I could go after the princess...no! I'm not leaving (Y/n) there! Who knows what's happening to her?!" I said and I looked back at the town gritting my teeth.

'I need to get (Y/n) first! There's the possibility that if I attack the princess I go right back to jail. That means I won't be able to save her.' I stopped my thoughts as I waited for some kind of response. Anything about how I should just go after the princess, but nothing came.

I ran my hands through my hair causing the hood of the cloak to come down. 'My head feels so much more empty since the whatever it is left my head, and I can't help but miss it almost...no! I don't miss it! It wants to hurt (Y/n), but it also got me so close to freeing my dad! I-it failed me! (Y/n) hasn't! I-I'll wait to until after I get her!'

I started pulling my hair and shaking my head. "I have to get her before I do anything else!" I said and I heard soft chittering in front of my. My eyes shot up to see Ruddiger. He looked...scared. I quickly removed my hands from my head and gave Ruddiger a soft smile. "I-I'm fine, Buddy. J-just...thinking. D-did you find her?" I asked and he nodded.

"Is she hurt at all?" I asked and Ruddiger made a maybe sign with his hand making me start to become more worried. "Wh-where's Sunny? Is he with her?" I asked and he nodded. "Okay. There's practically no way that we can go in there and get her out. We'd be caught in an instant, and I don't have any more of that serum with me to make you into another distraction." I said as I paced back and forth.

I paced back and forth for a few minutes trying to figure out a plan when I saw a small black cat squeeze through the gates. "Sunny?!" I said before running up to him. He looked up at me with worried green eyes. "Don't worry. We'll get her out!" I said and he nodded and rubbed against my hand starting to purr.

"Cmon hurry up!" I heard men shouting and I grabbed Sunny and Ruddiger and crotched behind the bushes once more. I watched as a large carriage was being pulled and multiple men on horses. I watched as it went by and saw another pair of horses pulling something else. My eyes widened as I saw gorgeous (h/c) locks.

(Y/n) was in a cage with her mouth gagged and her hands bound by iron cuffs. Her cuffs were attached to a metal loop in the center of the cage preventing her from moving much. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists as I saw her caged like some kind of animal. There weren't any guards following behind the cage and I took my chance. I quietly left the bushes and quietly climbed onto the cart holding (Y/n).

As my feet landed on the wood her eyes shot up to look at me with a deadly glare before it softened once she realized it was me. "Mmhmmmhmm!" I heard her say quietly behind the cloth. She looked behind her to make sure no one was looking before she moved as close as she could to me.

Her back was facing me, but it was the closest she could get. I reached my hands through the bars as Sunny squeezed through and rubbed against her legs. I untied the cloth and whispered in her ear. "You've got to be more careful, milady. At this point, rescuing you is going to become a monthly activity for me." I said with a soft smirk on my face and I could feel her roll her eyes.

"You're so lucky my hands are bound right now." She said softly and I had to repress my small laugh. "Is there anyway you can get out of those?" I asked referring to the cuffs to which she shook her head no. "I-I've dented one side, b-but that's all. I would try again, but with them around who knows what they'll do to me." She said and I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Do you have a plan?" She asked. "I'm working on it. I just need more time." I said and I heard her sigh. "Sapphs I don't think we can get out of this just us." She said and I raised my brow at her. "What do you mean?" She sighed and I watched her head fall forwards looking down.

"The princess and the others are here. The way I see it is that we'll need all the help we can get with this one." She said and I shook my head. "It's not happening. I'll get you out of this myself. I'm not asking them for help to do something that I've done before!" I said and I felt my blood start to boil over with anger. 'Why would she even suggest such an idea?!' I asked myself.

"Varian I-" She was cut off by the carriage slowing to a stop. "Get out of here!" She whisper yelled to me and I nodded. I slipped my hand through the cage and wrapped my arm around her as much as I could. "I'll figure something out. I promise." I said before getting out of the carriage and going around a corner of a building.

I watched as they unloaded her, Eugene, Lance, and Shorty. After them I watched a massive man and a women leave the carriage and go behind a curtain. 'I'll get her out of there if it's the last thing I do!'