Invitation

Varian wrapped Rapunzel's hair around the drill and pushed it so it was against the amber. "Darling, I need you to melt right here." He said pointing to where the drill was positioned and I could tell that his eyes were rolled back. 'His plan won't work. I can't put my all into melting it like I normally would. I still need to stay in control. Maybe I can fake it?' I thought to myself.

"Varian, if this doesn't work, and something happens to me, please, please let my mom go." Rapunzel said and Varian's glare hardened. "I can't make any promises, princess." He said and I turned my gaze to Rapunzel and the king.

"If anything happens to me where I falter, someone needs to stop me, got it!" I said and Rapunzel and the king both stared at me with disbelief. "Maybe if I die then nothing can use me or my powers." I looked up and stared directly into the kings eyes. "The moment I falter." I said and the king nodded and I nodded back as a thank you.

Varian turned on the drill and I let a soft blue cover my hands and the front of the drill. I wasn't putting in much effort causing me to stay in control. Rapunzel continued to groan in pain before her hair lit up. I watched the amber as waves of yellow and blue ran through the amber.

"What?!" Varian yelled as he placed his goggles on his head. "Why?!" He said before pushing the drill back to the amber. I watched as Rapunzel fell to the ground. I kept one of my hands raised to the drill as o used my other hand to keep her sitting up straight.

"Varian! Stop it! Who knows how much more she can take!" I yelled up at him. Rapunzel fell forwards and I broke my concentration to catch her. "Rapunzel!" Her parents yelled for her.

"I just...I-I don't understand!" Varian yelled as the drill stopped working. He held his head in his hands as he stared at the drill. "Why won't it..." Once Rapunzel was able to sit up by herself I walked over to Varian.

His hands were on the amber and his eyes were flickering frantically, but they would stay blue more than they would grey. "Her hair! It-it should've cut through! With her magic! It should've shattered! Why didn't it work?!" He yelled slamming his fists onto the amber.

"Sapphires?" I asked softly before I heard a small crash. I looked up and saw Sunny and Ruddiger on the desk and Pascal now free with something in his mouth. Sunny gave me a soft nod and I smiled at him. "Good kitty!" Pascal threw what was in his mouth at the kings trapped feet making the raccoon trap dissolve.

Orange covered mine and the queen body as I made is switch places. I looked down at the chain that had been holding the queen. I pulled a hair pin from my hair and picked the lock. Right after I got it off, the amber started growing again. I ducked under it as I got back to the other side of the room away from the amber.

I watched as the king and queen held Rapunzel and made sure she was alright. I stared at them hug for a moment before I approached Varian. "No, no! I wasn't wrong! It's not my fault!" He turned to me as he wiped his eyes. I crotched down so I was in front of him. "Sapphires?" I asked softly as I reached my hand out to touch him. "None of it is! It's your fault and hers!" He said grabbing my wrist and squeezing it right. His eyes were changing faster and faster the longer he stared at me.

He pulled something from his apron before throwing it onto the ground causing smoke to fill the air around us. I felt his grasp leave my wrist and I started coughing and moving away from the smoke.

"Varian? Where did he-" Rapunzel asked and I cut her off. "We have to get out of here now!" I yelled as I offered both of my hands to help them up. The floor started rumbling and before I knew it pieces of the floor were flying everywhere. I turned around to see Varian in a huge robot.

"Sorry, milady, princess! We were in this together but if I can't have a happy ending, then neither can you!" Varian yelled and I couldn't clearly see his eyes from the red glass covering him. Veg shouted before both arms of the machine came flying down. "Go run!" I yelled and I felt warmth cover my body. I looked down at my hands and saw slow orange flames going around my entire body.