Take A Shot

TRIXIE'S POV:

I took a deep breath as I heard Mom speaking in the hallway. I'd only been in my house for a couple days and the tension between my parents was too much. They couldn't even be in the same room without it turning into a screaming match.

I stared at myself in the mirror as the women around me fixed my dress. It was a jet black, off the shoulder with a leg slit. Perfectly fitted as it defined my body. My brown hair was curled so it stopped just above my chest and the make up complimented the dress.

"Ma'am"

I looked down to see one of the women holding a silver heel and looking up at me. I raised my foot so she could place it on, tying the buckle.

The door opened and Mom walked in, a navy blue dress on her with a silver belt going around it.

"You look gorgeous, Mom" I said. She came over to hug me as the women left the room. She smelled of roses but I didn't kiss her since she'd just done her hair and makeup.

"So do you, baby" she said, looking at my dress "are you excited for your first ball?"

"I feel like it's too much" I said, looking down at my dress as my stomach started cramping up a little with anxiety.

"It's your first mafia ball, Trixie" she repeated "all the mafias are going to see their new opponent, the next in line for my title, you gotta let 'em know who they're fucking with, babe"

I felt myself smiling and Mom nodded proudly at me. We heard an engine revving outside as we went over to the window to see two Ferrari's in our drive.

"What..."

"That's Adam" said Mom, pointing at a black haired boy who stepped out the red Ferrari "he's going to be your date but it's only to give you more attention"

"Okay" I said blankly. I checked myself once in the mirror. I looked good but I was still annoyed that Hendrix wasn't in the driver's seat.

We walked into the hallway and I saw Dad standing at the bottom of the stairs. I looked at Mom who rolled her eyes, holding a silver purse in her free hand. His eyes went wide a little as his eyes observed Mom.

"Are you going with him?" I asked her.

"For the Mafia" she said, walking over to him and linking her arm in his. I scoffed walking downstairs, if bullshit was a phrase it was 'for the mafia'.

"You look beautiful, Trix" said Dad. I glared at him stepping out the house. I didn't want to speak to him, I wasn't ready to speak to him. I walked over to Adam and he gave me a cheesy smile. He was nothing compared to Hendrix. He flashed a smile at me, holding the keys up.

"You ready?"

"Shut up" I said, walking past him and getting into the passenger. I watched Mom and Dad get into the blue Ferrari as Adam got into the driver's seat.

HENDRIX'S POV:

I walked into the ball, looking around at all the mafias. I couldn't see any Polibio's yet, only my ridiculous joke of a family. I walked over to the bar, taking a seat and ordering myself a tray of shots.

"Thanks" I said to the barmaid as she slid the tray over to me.

I reached out for a shot but a perfectly manicured hand beat me to it. Nails painted black and a gold diamond encrusted bracelet on her wrist. I bit the inside of my cheek as I looked over to see Trixie downing a shot.

She slammed the glass on the table, ignoring me completely. I let my eyes travel down her dress, I'd never seen her looking so good in all the time that I'd known her.

She took a step forward, sitting on my lap as she picked another shot glass. I placed a hand around her waist, admiring her as she tilted her head back to drink the shot. Her hair fell behind her as she placed the glass back on the tray.

"Are you done?" I asked her, feeling a smirk playing on my lips. I couldn't stay mad at her even if I tried.

"Yep" she said. Without giving me a second glance, she hopped off my lap and walked over to a black haired boy, grabbing his hand and making her way to one of the private rooms upstairs.

"So you wanna play like that" I said to myself,  standing up and walking over to the dance floor and taking a girl's hand. I recognised her from one of the girls on the iPad as she smiled at me.

I returned the smile, except mine was fake, as we made our way upstairs.