Presence

TRIXIE'S POV:

I walked into the kitchen to see Hendrix handing Mkayla a glass of water. She took it and gave him a small smile, inviting an awkward atmosphere.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked Hendrix, pointing towards the hallway.

"Sure, babe" he said, walking out the kitchen and following me into the living room. I checked quickly behind us before firmly closing the door.

"Wait what's-"

"There's a gun in her jacket" I said, watching Hendrix's smile vanish. His eyes looked towards the stairs but I waved a hand at him.

"They're safe, I locked the doors" I said "we need to get her the fuck out of here though"

"Okay, just follow my lead" said Hendrix. He took my hand and we walked into the kitchen. My jaw dropped slightly when she had her gun raised at us both. Hendrix quickly pushed me behind him and placed himself in front of me.

"Calm down, Mkayla-"

"Move out of my way" she said, glaring right at me. I felt adrenaline rushing through me as Hendrix backed up a little against me. I was confused but looked down to see a gun in his back pocket.

"You're not hurting her" he stalled. I carefully took it out of his pocket, trying not to let her see.

"She's the reason my brother is dead" she said "she deserves to be six feet under as much as he does"

"Then why'd you save me?" I asked.

"What?"

"That day, you shot Brook in his leg and for what? If you wanted me dead so badly why'd you help me leave your house?"

Hendrix stayed quiet as we both waited for her answer. I shook my head, loading the gun. Her head snapped up as she heard the click and she immediately re-aimed her gun at me.

"Trixie, wait-"

"Shut up Hendrix. If you hadn't let her in none of this would've happened" I said bitterly, raising gun to her head height and stepping out in front of him.

"Oh? Cracks in the relationship already?"

"Fuck you, Mkayla" I said, placing two hands on the gun to stop myself from shaking slightly. A gunshot went off, but it wasn't from me. Hendrix wrapped his arms around my body and threw me onto the ground, his body over mine. I heard glass shatter and a body hit the ground.

"I'm fine, baby" I said, gently patting his arm. He sighed heavily and sat up, pulling me into his lap as we looked around at the mess.

"Uncle Kai?" I asked, making out his silhouette outside in the garden. He walked inside, tucking the gun into his jeans as he shook his head at Mkayla.

"I'll pay for all this" he said, pointing at the glass. I nodded as he looked at her "should've killed her when you had the chance, kiddo"

"Thanks" I said sarcastically. Hendrix stood up, holding out his hand for me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked Hendrix. I took his hand and stood up, leaning on his shoulder as I let the two have it out.

"I thought Mattia hated you"

"Well, he bailed me outta jail time" said Hendrix "I don't think he hates me that much"

"He does" said Kairi, watching a few soldiers walk into the kitchen "put her somewhere" he pointed at the body and they got to work. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What do you mean? I thought Dad was over hating him by now" I asked.

"Nah he'll never be over it, it's weird to us" he said. I bit my lower lip as I felt a strange presence somewhere around me.

He's joking, Trix.

He loves you both together and so does Dad. They just can't handle the fact that the youngest Polibio is finally growing up. Neither can I.

I felt a small smile on my face as the presence left. Hendrix placed his hand on my back and I looked over at him.

"You good?"

"Better than good" I said, taking his hand. I looked over at Uncle Kairi who raised his eyebrows.

"Mom and Dad are back tomorrow" I said "you should start cleaning this up". He rolled his eyes as I lead Hendrix out of the kitchen and upstairs. We walked into my bedroom and I saw Daisy asleep next to Leila, Milo and Cody.

"They're so cute" I whispered, leaning on Hendrix once he closed the door behind us.

"Do we move them?"

"Nah, they're good here" I said, walking over to the window. I watched two soldiers holding a body bag as they walked over to a blacked out car.

"You good, baby?" he asked, placing his arms around my waist from behind.

"You're here" I said, turning around and facing him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, a small grin on my face as I stared into his eyes "everything's good"

He kisses my lips softly, a short kiss but one that left me completely content. He pulled away and his brown eyes bore into mine. I could almost make out tiny golden specks in them from the moonlight.

"Forever?" he whispered, his eyes flickering between my lips and my eyes.

"Forever"