The Night Before - PART ONE

OLIVIA'S POV:

"Mattia, hurry up!"

I banged on the bathroom door of our hotel room with my fist several times until the shower water stopped.

"Stop rushing me!" he shouted back. I rolled my eyes, going back to the mirror to fix my earrings.

We were getting ready to meet Alejandro and Carlos to discuss an alliance in order to find Daisy. Mattia hadn't agreed so easily but knew Trixie and Hendrix would appreciate it.

Anything we did, it was for the kids.

We had only booked the hotel for the day to get ready and leave together. We didn't plan on staying the night either.

I smoothed down my black dress with my hands, looking at myself in the reflection of the mirror. I fixed a small smile on my face but it dropped when the bathroom door opened. Mattia walked out with a white towel wrapped around his lower body. 

"Can you hurry up?"

"You look sexy" he said, smirking at me as he walked towards me. I rolled my eyes, turning my face away from him as I felt his hands on my waist.

"Mattia-"

"Oh c'mon Liv" he said, pulling me towards him. He smelled heavenly and ever since he got to New York it was getting harder to resist him.

"We're divorced, you dumbass" I said, pushing him away from me as I walked over to my shoes.

"Yeah yeah" he mumbled, pulling his shirt on. I sat on the edge of the bed, tying the black tassels on my heels. There was a text on my phone from Trixie, something about an argument with Hendrix. But I'd deal with that later.

"So they don't know where the kid is?" asked Mattia, putting his blazer on. I shook my head, turning my phone off and placing it in my purse.

"C'mon babe" he said, taking my hand and leading me out the room.

I didn't intend to hold his hand as tightly as I did. I didn't know if it was nerves from meeting Alejandro or if it was from the mere feeling of his skin against mine.

-

We passed a small liquor shop on the way to the address Alejandro had sent us. I watched Mattia's eyes travel into the shop. He couldn't help it.

"For good luck" he said, dragging me into the shop as the soldiers waited outside.

He grabbed two bottles of alcohol, the expensive kind. Always the expensive kind. He handed one to me once we'd payed and we walked out the shop, me rolling my eyes once again at his childish antics.

-

"Thank you" I said as we passed Alejandro's soldier who held a door open for us. Mattia turned around to me, furrowing his brows.

"Don't thank him, he's not our soldier" he whined. I laughed quietly, shaking my head at him.

We walked into the building, my hand still in Mattia's as he lead in front of me. We placed the bottles on the table, taking out seats. I fought a smile as he pulled out my chair for me before taking his.

"You made it"

I looked over at Alejandro as he sat opposite us with his son beside him. I remembered Maria's death, the way she was shot and killed within seconds.

I wished I could do the same to Carlos for killing my son. The way he did. A matter of seconds.

"We did" said Mattia, interlocking his fingers as he stared ahead at them both "we want to offer our help to find your daughter"

I watched carefully as the corners of Carlos' mouth curved upwards. I glanced behind me to see our soldiers on standby. Nothing was going to happen.

"An alliance just to find Daisy Rosario?" repeated Alejandro as Mattia nodded his head at him. Carlos was still smirking.

Something about that didn't sit right with me.

"No" I said. They all turned to face me, confused expressions. Even Carlos. That was it.

"Babe?" Mattia placed his hand on mine, getting my attention but I couldn't go through with it. Something told me it was a bad idea and I couldn't bring myself to shake it.

"We're not doing it" I stood up, walking out the room. I heard Mattia swearing as I walked out but I ignored him and kept going instead.

"Liv!" he caught up to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the side. I looked back at the soldiers who were placed in an awkward position before looking back at Mattia.

He sighed, turning around and opening a door to a rooftop and pulling me outside with him.