~ NINE ~

Sunday 18th August 2019

Being startled awake by a child's scream of excitement is honestly terrifying, you feel discombobulated. I don't know how Sophia does it. How does she look like she does, which is great by the way, when she's waking up early with Mac all the time? I already know that I'll be having an early night.

Waking up in Sophia's house is weird, not a bad weird, but just weird. It's warm, it smells nice and most of all it's quiet, well apart from this early wake up call.

It doesn't take long for the curiousity to get the best of me, what is a morning like in the White household? How to the cogs of this family machine run? How different are their mornings to mine?

Before I knew it, I was making my way down stairs, the sound of Sophia shushing Cormac making me chuckle a little.

"Cor you've got to quiet down, Harry's still asleep."

I was just reaching the bottom steps when I heard his reply.

"Can I go wake him up?" I walked into the lounge, seeing the two of them sat on the sofa. Both still in their pyjamas, bed head hair visible, and small but genuine smiles on their faces.

"Who's this you're wanting to wake up, who else is sleeping in this house?" The pair jumped slightly at my louder than needed to be voice. "You been sneaking people in through the night?" I made my way round the back of the sofa, ruffling Mac's hair as I passed. Sophia laughed at my attempt of humour, where as, Mac looked at me as if I had grown an extra three heads or something.

"No! I didn't sneak anyone in." He was looking wildly between me and his mum. I took a seat on the sofa besides Sophia, sitting with my legs crossed. I was struggling to keep the smirk off my face when looking at the woman besides me as she laughed.

"It's alright mate, I was just joking with you." I laughed with him as I lounged back into the sofa, closing my eyes, smiling for just a moment.

"Oh you cheeky monkey!" Before I knew it, he launched himself across his mum and onto me, tackling me further into the cushions, making us both grunt in surprise.

"Oh you a big man, yeah? Trying to battle it out?" He giggled at me, trying to wrestle out of my grip on him.

"I think he'd beat you any day Harry, won't you spud?" He nodded his head, still trying to escape from my arms. I was trying hard to keep from yelping every time he either mini pinched me or pulled on my arm hairs. It hurts more than I thought.

"Obvi-" he let out a screech when I started to tickle his side's, he small elbows flying about. "Noo, not the tickles. Stop." He was laughing between words, but I did stop tickling him, releasing him slightly so he could catch his breath.

I looked over at Sophia, he cheeks pink from laughing at the situation in front of her. I caught her eyes, making my breath faulted slightly, but the grin remaining on my face. The eye contact only last a few seconds before Cormac broke us from it.

"What you looking at?" He smashed his face against mine, his arm around my neck, looking in the direction of his mum.

"I- I'm looking at your mum..." it felt so weird to say, but I couldn't lie in front of her face saying that I was looking at the wall or something else behind her. It was clear that I was looking at her directly.

"Why?" Do all kids ask this many questions?

"Uhmm..." I wasn't quite sure how to say it, but I guess just spitting it out is the best way to go. "Because she's pretty..." I could feel the heat rise from my neck to my cheeks, but I felt slightly better seeing the blush on Sophia's cheeks.