~ Forty Seven ~

Thursday 24th January 2020

"Up next is Cormac's... Dad?" Cormac stood from his sitting position in the middle of the classroom, a grin attached to his face. "Yeah, Cormac's Dad. Welcome." His teachers eyes scanned the room, before they fell on me. I nodded my head, the dread fully taking over now. I didn't fully think this through... How am I going to stop myself from accidentally swearing or saying something absolutely dreadful?

Standing up, I shoot Cormac a confident smile, fake confidence, but he doesnt need to know that. I make my way to the front of the classroom, standing in the same spot that the other kids parents stood at. I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"This is my dad, Harry. He is super cool."

"Thanks, mate." I smile down at Mac, ruffling his hair before looking at everyone who are now staring at me. "Like Cormac said, I'm his Dad. I'm not so great at doing public speaking, so I-I-I... uhm, I will keep this short and sweet before I play the video which will give a much better view into what my Job is really like." 

"So... Do any of you watch Youtube?" The majority of the kids and some of the adults nodded their heads yes. "Alright... you will have some idea to what I do."

I go on to explain how I am part of the Sidemen, how many subscribers/views we get and what our videos are about. I tell them about the channels we have together and my solo channels too, before nodding to Cormac's teacher so she can get ready to start the short video.

"So part of my job is to make the videos, we have to film them, edit the video and audio, we then have to check the video to make sure its all running smoothly before we post it on Youtube. But, as we have grown the channels we have hired people to do those jobs for us. So... to see what my job is really like, I made a little video to show you. Enjoy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The video starts, the seven of us stood in front of the camera.

"Hello Cormac's class! Parents. My name is Ethan" He points at himself before giving the class a small wave, his grin on display.

"I'm Simon." He stood with his hands behind his back, a classic tight lipped smile on his face.

"I'm Tobi." A little dance move from him.

With the raise of his eyebrows, Vik gave an awkward smile. "I'm Vik." 

"Josh." Simple, yet effective nod of his head.

"I'm KSI" JJ took a step forward, his hands clasping each other, as he grinned at the camera. And, then it was me.

"And I'm Harry. Welcome to our life."

The video flicked through multiple collages of screenshots from our videos, ones that have us pulling stupid faces, and just general funny moments that are safe for the kids to see. It then jumps to small snippets from some of the videos.

Vik pops up on the screen, wearing an older Sidemen burgundy hoodie, that has JJ hiding in the back of it, being Vik's arms, lifting a bottle of water to Vik's mouth. But, moving it about so he can't properly drink it. JJ squeezes the bottle do all the water goes over Viks face. This gets a laugh out of all the kids, which only gets louder at the next clip. 

The zorb ball football shoot we did, many moons ago. Ethan going through the course, kicking off his shoes so he can kick the inflatable ball into the net, when out of no where, I come into frame, wearing a massive inflated zorb ball and bounce into him, sending him flying to the ground. It cuts to a black screen, JJ's voice booming through the speakers.

"I wonder what this RANDOM BOX is doing here!" before the screen shows a wicker box stuck under a wooden shelf.

"Help me, please" Vik's sorry voice making a few of us laugh in the back ground. The camera pans down to see Vik stuck inside the box, trying to open it. I must admit, watching this back, even I can help but laugh along with all the kids.