Four

Kiana paced her room back and forth. She was physically shaking. Her mind racing. She couldn't believe how stupid she could be. She had sex with her best friend and her boyfriend again. And now she had to sit at some dinner for her friends boss who she hated.

Kiana knew she was getting into a bad state of mind. The last time she had sex with the couple, she had found out she was in a manic episode of her bipolar disorder.

She took medication for it, because she refused to allow her mental health to prevent her carrying out everyday tasks. She was still herself and she proved that by becoming a therapist and helping other people. That's why she had become one, to help other people out of bad states of minds, but she still had her own lapses of judgement.

She was drunk that night of her, Cassie and Tom sleeping together for the first time. Drinking anything she could find in the house to make her feel something, anything. Then Cassie found her, upset and distraught after her and Tom had been out on a date. The couple had were shocked to find Kiana the way she was, obviously they'd seen her break down before after knowing her for years, but nothing as bad she was that night. She was muttering incoherent thoughts, her face was stained with tears and her eyes were bloodshot.

Cassie felt sorry for her best friend, so she tried to comfort her. One thing lead to another and Cassie ended up kissing her. Kiana accepted the kiss and it turned into the two of them moaning into each other's mouths.

They had turned each other on and so was Tom, watching the two of them kiss with that much passion. The night got a bit hazy and one second they were kissing, pulling Tom into the mix and then they began to undress each other, pleasuring each other. And then three of them had sex.

It was a one time thing.

It didn't affect their friendship, if anything it made the three of them closer because they knew more about each other's bodies, but still it was just one night.

Well, was.

It was meant to be just that once.

Kiana vowed she'd never do it again, yes it was good but she felt like they not only pitied her but also felt like that was the only way they could make her happy. It was in a sense. She hated it. She hated how easily she used sex to resolve her problems or at least forget about them.

She wanted to forget that night, well both of those nights.

Cassie lightly knocked on Kiana's door letting herself in. She saw the dress she had laid out earlier for her on her bed. Her makeup and hair was finished, but why hadn't she changed yet, they needed to leave.

She didn't want them to be late.

She saw her friend was spaced out and began to call her name.

Kiana noticed Cassie was in the room and began to rush over to the dress, muttering a bunch of apologies for taking her time.

Cassie simply smiled and left the girl to make her way to the car.

Kiana brushed over her deep emerald green midi length dress and began to put on her heels.

She didn't want to do this. Cassie's boss was the epitome of an old rich white man who believed he could take whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted.

She knew why he'd asked Cassie to ensure she came. He always made advances towards her when she saw him.

Clive Morgan was disgusting and disrespectful.

And Kiana despised him.

He always found some way to be inappropriate. Whether it was having his hand practically on her ass when he spoke to her at formal events, or him talking about how her figure looked in a dress.

To him not even acknowledging her face, instead staring at her body the entire time.

One time he went as far as to request the seating plan for her to sit next to him, whilst they had dinner one year. He had put his hand on her thigh, inching closer to the hem of her dress, where he began to pry her legs open that night. She kicked him under the table repeatedly, he did not care.

He simply warned her that if she continued to make a fuss he'd fire Cassie. She couldn't do that to her bestfriend, she loved that job, more importantly Cassie loved the money and security that job provided her. She couldn't do that to her.

Kiana also couldn't tell Cassie about what was going on as she'd confront Mr Morgan and get her herself fired as well as blacklisted, never being able to get a job again. He had too much power.

So Kiana had to suck it up.

Instead, she had run off into the bathroom that year, forcing herself to throw up before he could get his hand any closer to her. She told Cassie she wasn't feeling well and went home.

The year after she had claimed to be too sick to attend, pushing Tom and Cassie to go without her. That was a mistake.

Mr Morgan had turned up at the house the very next morning, knowing that Cassie was at work. She had answered the door to a very pissed off man. He began to warn Kiana that she shouldn't miss an event again, as Cassie would suffer the consequences. He was about to come in and make himself more than at home, even asking where Kiana's bedroom was, when Tom luckily came downstairs.

He was shocked that Cassie's boss was at their house but he didn't think much of it. He greeted the older man and began to ask Kiana if she was okay. She looked uncomfortable. She nodded yes and went back to her room at the very first chance of an escape. Tom being pretty oblivious to everything, once again brushed it off and returned to his conversation with Mr. Morgan. Tom was left with the older man, but he was already making his way down the stairs to his car.

Odd he thought.

He didn't even say goodbye or ask why he was here.

Shaking her head to forget the memory, Kiana took in a deep breath and prepared herself for tonight.