Nine

Rage ripped through Luca as he stared at the man across from him. Blood dripped from the man's lips and onto the floor.

The man was tied up.

Luca's doing of course, but it did nothing to help him get information out of the man, who continuously groaned out of agony, when all of it could be stopped if he just answers the simple question Luca had for him.

"I'm going to ask you this once in English so that maybe this can get through that thick skull of yours, as I don't appreciate being lied to." Luca started

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY LATEST SHIPMENT OF DRUGS?" he shouted.

His voice boomed throughout the empty warehouse. "I...I...I don't have it Luca, please just give me... a week" Mario sniffled

"Ti ho dato tempo più che sufficiente Mario, non sei riuscito a recuperare le ventimila sterline di prodotto che hai perso. Saresti in debito con me per il resto della tua vita, ciò che ti fa pensare che una settimana ti aiuterà." (I've given you more than enough time Mario, you couldn't make up the twenty thousand pounds worth of product you lost. You'd be indebted to me for the rest of your life, what makes you think a week will help. )

Mario began to panic. He knew this was the end. He knew Luca was going to kill him. "Aspetta ... prima che tu mi uccida ho informazioni preziose" Mario stuttered out (Wait... before you kill me i have valuable information)

He needed anything to spare his life. Anything to hold Luca off of killing him.

Luca looked at the man, waiting for him to continue.

"The...the...the police, they're looking for you" Mario said.

"I ALREADY FUCKING KNOW THAT MARIO, IM FUCKING DON OF THE ITALIAN MAFIA". Luca yelled frustrated.

"The police are looking for me twenty four seven, well those who I don't have wrapped around my finger and seem to think not being bought off is a medal" Luca laughed bitterly at him recounting almost every police officer he had ever encountered being more than happy to put their morals aside and take the payment to turn a blind eye to Luca's criminal activity. All but a few, a few who held their heads high, claiming that they could not be bought off and made it their lives mission to try and get Luca locked up, but so far nothing. They were weak and Luca paid them no interest because he knew they'd have nothing on him.

"No no, I mean... uhhh the higher... higher than the police, important people, they're looking into you, following you, trying to catch you out, trying to get you down for life in prison" Mario explained

Luca gathered he was taking about the secert intelligence service.

He was pissed.

Was he getting sloppy?

How were they watching him?

Without a second thought Luca grabbed his gun and shot Mario point blank in the head. He was no longer any use to him.

For all he knew, Mario was helping them out.

Buying them time to in fact find him right now and lock him up red handed for having Mario tied up and killed.

The blood splattered onto Luca's clothes. He looked at his watch and cursed at himself. He knew he was late. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and called his right hand man to clean up the mess and dispose of the body.

"T, ho bisogno che tu pulisca questo casino e quando sarai libero dobbiamo incontrarci. Io, te e Antonio. È importante. Cazzo, è davvero importante." (T, I need you to clean up this mess and when you are free we need to meet. Me, you and Antonio. It's important. Fuck, it's really important.) Luca stressed, running his hand through his hair as he closed the warehouse door and made his way to his car.