Twenty four

The lift had finally made it to their designated floor and the two of them walked to Kiana's office as though the lift situation never happened.

Kiana made a beeline to her desk and pulled out her notebook, as Luca made his way to sit opposite her. She motioned towards the sofas instead, and Luca followed after her, sitting on the opposite one from her.

"So Mr.-"

"Dr. Davidson"

They both spoke at the same time. It wasn't awkward, but it definitely changed the vibe of their professional route.

"Mr. Romano, let's get started, shall we?" Kiana smiled, turning on her professional voice

Luca nodded as he noticed the switch in Kiana and understood she needed to do her job. He had asked for her help and she was going to give it to him. He just needed to trust her. To open up to her. To accept her help. He needed to try.

"Okay so today we're going to start off with why you decided to come to my office in the first place, why you think you need help?" she begun

Luca stared at her as she explained what today's session was going to entail. He couldn't help but think back to what they were doing a few moments ago. How she was his a few moments ago and now she was the boss. She was the one in control.

"Luca!" Kiana raised her voice, as she had been calling him for a few moments now. He looked in thought.

"I'm not sure. I just knew I needed you" he finally answered

Kiana hummed a response. She could tell something was bothering him and he didn't want to open up to her. She decided to take a different approach, because she needed to do her job. They had already wasted so much time in the lift, she would have to extend Luca's session or call him back in another day, which would have to be after hours and she couldn't do that.

She couldn't do that or a repeat of the lift would happen and if that happened, she didn't know if she could keep lying to herself about her feelings just so that she could continue to be his therapist because he needed her, and only her help.

"Okay, forget all of that, why were you not available this weekend?" She asked

Luca chuckled lowly. "Tesoro is this for the session or for your own inquiry?"

"The session. I want to go backwards instead of from the beginning. I want to know about Luca Romano from today, going backwards to his childhood, so it's easier for me to understand what's recently gotten you to come to me and talk" she countered

"Ahh, reverse psychology in a sense. You're smart Tesoro, where did you get your degree, what university?" He asked

"Luca, stop changing the subject and answer the question please, I want to help you" she stressed

Luca stared at her. He wasn't ready to open up to her just yet, but he didn't want to stop talking to her.

He liked their conversations.

He liked being in her presence.

If distracting her was going to do it, then he would. He just wasn't ready to spill everything about himself just yet. He had done that once in the past and it really fucked with him, due to the outcome of that person using everything he had said against him.

Kiana huffed out of frustration. Luca was doing this on purpose. The way she saw a glint of mischief in his eyes as he stared at her for an unusual amount of time. She became uncomfortable in her seat. It was as if he was undressing her with his eyes. It wasn't any different from when they had slept together in the past, but now she was meant to be his superior, he needed to stop trying to be the dominant.