Chapter 20; The curse?

THIRD PERSON :

Air gushed as he ran through the woods, intending to reach his house as soon as he could. In a few blinks of the human eye, he reached his destination.

It was in the dead of night. The full moon was up in the sky, glowing brightly as it hit his face. He stops and then looks up to grin at his fate.

Shaking his head he walks mindlessly towards his home but the inaudible creaking of the wooden floor makes him put his attention towards it. He starts to slowly walk forward.

"Oh, it's you, " he grunts, unpleased by the uninvited guest.

"It is, " the man standing on the other side snickers.

"What are you doing here? It's not sensible for both of us to be present here, " he warns and looks around to make sure they're alone.

"I should be the one asking you that, " the man scoffs. "I see you've found her. Are you doing what I've said to you?"

He simply nods. "I'll do this however I like it. You should go now."

They both sense the nearby supernaturals creepily getting closer to them. The man tightens and looks back at him.

"This isn't over, brother, " the man devilishly grinned before disappearing with his inhumane speed into the dense forest.

ISIS :

The cool breeze of morning swiftly flowed through my hair, moving it ever so lightly. The sun was gleaming bright and the chirping of birds made the environment feel at peace.

I don't remember opening my eyes but the light adjusts to my pupil and I fully open my eyes. I take a deep breath as my gaze falls outside the window that is in front of me.

The sky was clear. No clouds, softly sunny and blue.

I move my head beside to see a resting peaceful man sleeping, his face resting on the crook of my neck.

His deep respiration confirmed that he was in deep sleep. I kept on hearing his steady heartbeats and deep breaths.

I wished for this moment to stay the way it was forever. The soft breeze, the peaceful aroma. But nothing lasts for long. Neither happiness nor pain.

"You're awake, " Atlas mutters, his voice a little gruff.

"Mhm, " I hum and shift a little to see his face properly.

My gaze instantly falls onto his neck. The mark was sealed and it was the face of a wolf baring his teeth towards.

"Your mark... " I pause and notice it carefully. The mark was silver in color and it was none other wolf but me. "Your mark is me."

"Huh?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, " I get my phone under my bed and switch the front camera to show him. "See."

"Woah, this looks fierce, " he smiles. "Let me see yours."

I quickly put my hand on my mark before showing him. His eyes stay focused on my mark before he smirks.

"It looks beautiful, " he says and I take the phone to see my mark.

It was a wolf looking forward, his gaze held power but he was not baring his teeth. It was gold in color.

"It shines," I chuckle softly. Atlas grins like a cheshire cat and I shake my head at him.

Getting up, a harsh pain twitches through my mind and my brain connects with several wolves. I groan and press my forehead to ease the pain.