Chapter 23; The pledge.

Isis : 

After discussing this with Reckon about the alliance, I left his pack grounds soon. I had to talk to Altas about that. And to show the alliance, Reckon had to come into our territory. 

Most people wonder how Reckon can be a hybrid. They can't exist among us. But, Reckon was the result of a very ancient black magic. I'm sure he suffers from an incurable curse. Two individuals were forced into one, which would be horrible to anyone. 

While being tangled in my thoughts, I soon reach for my pack. Nicole had been using various spells to again put up the illusion back around the pack borders. 

I felt anxious inside, there was still something missing in the situation. I can't put a finger on it at all. I nervously nibble my lip, my restlessness got Abaddon worrying as well.

"What's wrong Alpha?" Sebastian asks. I free myself from all the overthinking thoughts and face him.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. Inform the Westwind pack to visit within the next two days and they are welcome as long as they want, " I advise Sebastian. 

"Whatever you say boss lady, " Sebastian nods. 

As soon as I was close to my land, I asked to stop the car. "Go ahead, I need to be somewhere." 

"I'll come with you, " Colt speaks out.

"No need, I'll go to the office and be back soon, " I assure Colt. "Go and inform Atlas about the situation, I'll be back in three hours."

I get out of the car and walk towards the direction of my office. 

The sun was out bright and the crowd of people was less comparatively. Rethinking about the choices I've made and the way I'm heading, I walk without caring about my surroundings.

In the midst of these, I smelt someone familiar. I knew who it was, but I walked the other way. 

Elias. I wonder why he had been in these areas. Either way, I don't approach him further and move in another direction.

But I guess that was too late. 

"Hello, kitten, " 

"Elias, " I pause. "Are you perhaps following me?" I sarcastically convey. 

"What if I tell you I was?" Elias cracks a smile at me. However, he soon tenses. 

"Shall I take it as sarcasm?" I playfully replied.

"Take it however you'd like, " a business smile appears on his face. It seemed fake, I've lived long enough to understand people at this point. "What are you doing here?" 

"Just going to the office to grab some documents, " I told him. Talking to him did not feel bad. But it just felt… different. As if he was somebody I knew, or at least I should know. 

"I see you've been marked by your mate, " Elias points out. 

I met his gaze once again. Being confused I ask, "How can you tell?"

"I may not be a wolf but I do have a keen sense of smell, " Elias says and comes towards my face a little. "Shall I walk you to your destination… my lady?" 

Shivers follow my whole body. Being called a lady felt so usual. Yet to be called by him, felt like he knew me. The 'me' from before. 

I get a hold of myself and reply, "It's okay, Thank you for the offer though." 

"I insist, Isis, " Elias says. Something is wrong. Have I mentioned this name to him before? 

I don't deny him anymore and let him escort me. A wave of mental exhaustion hits me. Things have been too eventful for the past few months.