Chapter 13; The remembrances.

*how I kinda imagined the moon temple^
_________________________

ISIS : 

"Princess, " a familiar voice speaks up from behind. 

I turn around as Helena, mate of my brother, beams a nervous smile at me. I nod at her sharply, maintaining my cold expression. 

"Queen Helena, what is it that you ask from me?" I pause, remembering the bonfire of the goddess was prepared tonight. "I apologize if I have made any delay to the bonfire." 

"Oh no flower, you have done nothing improper, " she smiles and I nod again. "The king… wanted to speak with you. Your presence is required." 

I nod again and she leaves after smiling at me sheepishly. 

It's decent to say that I have lost my old self after the fall of my parents. I don't even know how I was back then. I've merely turned into something I felt alive in, I've turned cold. 

Harsh and ruthless is all I've been known for now. The wolves are frightened of me, the council doesn't have the power to overrule me. 

What have I become? A monster perhaps. A monster with a farce of their fated  Queen, which I do not want to take responsibility for. 

Being a leader, the queen of the Alphas isn't something that goes with my nature. Some say I've been tarnished with evil and some say my other half's reflections are being reflected on me. And what was he supposed to be, a cold creature of chaos?

I pity whoever's been cursed with me as their mate. 

Huffing I tie my hair up into a high pony and then a braid. I put my black v-necked shirt on, with knives attached to my thighs on the inside of the dress. 

I make my way to the traditional bonfire in the name of the Moon Goddess. King Horus, my brother, was sitting on the high seat with Beta and Gamma beside him. Helena must be with witches as she is one as well. 

I stand beside my brother, King Horus, and bow at him. 

"Isis cor meum, you do not need to bow to me, " he frowns. (My heart.)

"You're a king before my elder brother. I tend to lower my head in front of you, " I reply.

"But you are indeed my sister before my vigor, flos, " he smiles proudly and my lips turn up a little. (Flower)

"My King!" an unknown voice wails and we all snap our heads towards the source. 

A wolf from our pack stands and bows at us before stating his words further.

"What is it you're yelling for on this sacred day of the goddess?" Beta Masalis groans.

"Apologies your Highness, I've completed the task you endorsed me of, " he pauses, almost hesitates and my ears perk up at his stutters. 

"We'll talk in the court now, " Horus says as he tenses up. 

"What is it?" I ask. The spy lowers his head at me quickly. 

"I have asked you something!" I again exclaim raising my voice as it booms the field quietly. 

My command overpowers Horus's for some reason yet to acknowledge.

The spy trembles at my power but replies knowing what would be the result of not replying, "P-Princess, forgive me but King's orders to keep it confidential."